Cab Fare - Puerto Plata Airport to Playa Dorada

myra77

Dec 29, 2005
dr1.com
Hey Everyone,

As you know I will be arriving in Puerto Plata in 2 months time!!!! WOO HOO....... I am super excited.....anyways just wondering what I should expect to pay for a cab fare from Puerto Plata Airport to the Playa Dorada Complex.....I will have American Dollars, not RD....so if you could let me know in US Currency that would be great.....I just don't want to get ripped off when I arrive....

Thanx a Bunch

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
myra77 said:
Hey Everyone,

As you know I will be arriving in Puerto Plata in 2 months time!!!! WOO HOO....... I am super excited.....anyways just wondering what I should expect to pay for a cab fare from Puerto Plata Airport to the Playa Dorada Complex.....I will have American Dollars, not RD....so if you could let me know in US Currency that would be great.....I just don't want to get ripped off when I arrive....

Thanx a Bunch
There is a sign posted with rates for airport taxi. Last time I looked for POP to Playa Dorada was US $25.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I thought that you were staying at an all-inclusive to start? The transfer by bus from airport is included in an all inclusive pkg. Taxi is about $30 US from airport. It use to be $20 but gas has increased and so have taxis.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Charlielyn said:
I thought that you were staying at an all-inclusive to start? The transfer by bus from airport is included in an all inclusive pkg. Taxi is about $30 US from airport. It use to be $20 but gas has increased and so have taxis.
Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Better read the fine print if you are on a package. Just because the OP is staying at an AI doesn't mean that they bought a package. They may have bought air and land separate.
BTW stay away from using the bus for airport transfers. You will have to wait for all the passengers to get their luggage and clear Immigration before the bus departs. That bus may stop at multiple hotels to drop guests. If you are the last hotel you could be on the bus quite a while.

myra77

Dec 29, 2005
dr1.com
Yes I have purchased my airfare and my hotel separate, because 1 - I am only staying in the hotel for 5 Nights, and 2 a packaged vacation in usually one week, and from Canada they are with Chartered flights, and I cannot purchase my return flight - for September - with a charter right now.

Thanks for the info though :)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
As Howmar said, it?s 25 US for a cab. They are just outside the aiport when you exit the building.