*** New Section - Articles ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Today we have opened up new section called "How does it work?".
This is a collection of articles relating to stuff in the DR.
Our plan is to add new articles on a regular basis.

http://www.dr1.com/articles/

This is a "soft" opening as we are testing a new back-end we are
using at DR1 to serve the article pages.

Feel free to post your feedback, good or bad in this thread.

http://www.dr1.com/articles/

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I actually laughed when I saw a "Sanky Panky" article. But then I read it, and it was very well-written. Kudos to the author!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Very neat! I also like some of the new advertisers. I've already ordered the map.

I think you need to add the link where it says "insert link"

Also, of course, in order to know where you are going, you will need a good map. For a good, detailed map of the country, you can visit this link (insert link)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
trina said:
I actually laughed when I saw a "Sanky Panky" article. But then I read it, and it was very well-written. Kudos to the author!

Thank you :glasses:

Larry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good stuff!!!! The answers in detail to some of the questions we get everyday.

Now we can point newbies in that direction. ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
rellosk said:
Very neat! I also like some of the new advertisers. I've already ordered the map.

I think you need to add the link where it says "insert link"

Nice, thanks.

Please post more details about the "insert link", sorry a little lost what you mean.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I wasn't going to tell anyone Larry unless you admitted to it. ;)

Well done Lawrence, well done. You wrote all of the articles right? I know you've worked on them for a long time now. Well worth it.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
AnnaC said:
I wasn't going to tell anyone Larry unless you admitted to it. ;)

Well done Lawrence, well done. You wrote all of the articles right? I know you've worked on them for a long time now. Well worth it.

No, just some of them. Thank you though.

Larry

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Western Union

Like to point out that the Sanky article concluded with an ad for Western Union- very cleaver. But what is not too cleaver is you are running an ad at the top of the same page from a WU competitor knocking WU.
I think that's a whoops.

JOHN

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
johne said:
Like to point out that the Sanky article concluded with an ad for Western Union- very cleaver. But what is not too cleaver is you are running an ad at the top of the same page from a WU competitor knocking WU.
I think that's a whoops.

JOHN

Heee heee, let them fight over the turf!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
johne said:
I think that's a whoops.

JOHN

Right now we are testing, ads will change over time.
The fact remains, Xoom is cheaper, but Western Union is better known.
Some people like cheap, others prefer to go with a brand.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Good stuff. I hope pulling all this material together and making it easily accessible will cut down on the endless repeat of some questions.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Ken said:
Good stuff. I hope pulling all this material together and making it easily accessible will cut down on the endless repeat of some questions.
It probably won't. It will just change the standard DR1 answer from "use the search feature" to "check the articles".:)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Robert said:
Please post more details about the "insert link", sorry a little lost what you mean.
In the Transportation article, in the "Renting a Car" paragraph directly below the rental car links this text appears:

Also, of course, in order to know where you are going, you will need a good map. For a good, detailed map of the country, you can visit this link (insert link)

I'm fairly certain your intention was for "visit this link (insert link)" to be an actual link.:)

May 12, 2005
Very good job on the articles. I can see this section being very useful to first timers to the country. Will there be a direct link to the articles section from the home page?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Larry said:
Thank you :glasses:

Larry

Haha!! I knew it was you. I mean, why would there be a post regarding life in the DR and getting paid to write about it............;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Frank the Tank said:
Very good job on the articles. I can see this section being very useful to first timers to the country. Will there be a direct link to the articles section from the home page?

Yes, it's on the home page.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
rellosk said:
In the Transportation article, in the "Renting a Car" paragraph directly below the rental car links this text appears:

I'm fairly certain your intention was for "visit this link (insert link)" to be an actual link.:)

Fixed. Thanks!