7.) 3B - A. Beltre
8.) LF - M. Alou
9.) C - M. Olivo

I'd like to see more lefties

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Would you like for this to be our own personal dream team, including those who've said they're not going to play, or is it limited to those that are choosing to play? Aramis Ramirez has stepped out.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
If we have to take out Aramis, that's a very good choice! Honestly, though, I LOVED Pujols on third. To me, third base is one of the most difficult positions to play, and I loved watching Pujols play third. Don't get me wrong, he's a phenomenal first baseman, and that's where his practice has been for the last few years, so that's where he should be...but if they made the team just to please me ;) , it would be Julio Franco on first and Pujols on third.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
A list of those invited to play:

Pitchers
Jose Acevedo
Miguel Batista
Armando Benitez
Yhency Brazoban
Eude Brito
Daniel Cabrera
Bartolo Colon
Francisco Cordero *
Jose Lima
Francisco Liriano
Damaso Marte
Pedro Martinez
Jose Mesa
Guillermo Mota
Odalis Perez
Fernando Rodney
Felix Rodriguez
Wandy Rodriguez
Duaner Sanchez
Ervin Santana
Jorge Sosa
Julian Tavarez
Robinson Tejeda
Salomon Torres
Jose Valverde
Claudio Vargas

Infielders
Ronnie Belliard
Adrian Beltre
Robinson Cano
Luis Castillo
Pedro Feliz
Julio Franco
Rafael Furcal
Julio Lugo
David Ortiz
Jhonny Peralta
Neifi Perez
Placido Polanco
Albert Pujols
Aramis Ramirez
Jose Reyes
Alfonso Soriano
Miguel Tejada
Juan Uribe

Outfielders
Moises Alou
Victor Diaz
Juan Encarnacion
Vladimir Guerrero
Jose Guillen
Wily Mo Pena
Luis Polonia
Manny Ramirez
Sammy Sosa
Willy Taveras

Catchers
Juan Brito
Alberto Castillo
Sandy Martinez
Miguel Olivo
Ronny Paulino

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
BigCity27 said:
1.) CF - W. Taveras
2.) 2B - A Soriano
3.) SS - M. Tejada
4.) 1B - A. Pujols
5.) DH - D. Ortiz
6.) RF - V. Guerrero
7.) 3B - A. Beltre
8.) LF - M. Alou
9.) C - M. Olivo

I'd like to see more lefties

This looks pretty good to me, although for arguments sake, I may try to squeeze Luis Castillo or Polanco into second base (moreso Castillo). I agree with your choice for Olivo, however, I don't think he's playing...he's been traded to a new team, and I believe he's elected to step down (we're losing them left, right, and center). In which case, I'd have to go with ACastillo. All excellent choices, and the lineup looks perfect the way it is.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
BigCity27 said:
1.) CF - W. Taveras
2.) 2B - A Soriano
3.) SS - M. Tejada
4.) 1B - A. Pujols
5.) DH - D. Ortiz
6.) RF - V. Guerrero
7.) 3B - A. Beltre
8.) LF - M. Alou
9.) C - M. Olivo

BigCity, based on your lineup, I'd prefer this batting order:

1. W. Taveras
2. M. Tejada
3. A. Pujols
4. D. Ortiz
5. V. Guerrero
6. A. Beltre
7. A Soriano
8. M. Alou
9. M. Olivo
Why? Because Soriano is the strikeout king in that lineup and David is THE clean up/clutch man. Also, the baseball gods would be if Vlad batted 6th. That would really be a crime and a sin. Also, no way Soriano should bat in ahead of Beltre.

Remember that Jose Flash Reyes will also be playing some of these games. In those games I'd almost be willing to "rest" Tejada!???!!??!!

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
DRPAWA said:
BigCity27 said:
1.) CF - W. Taveras
2.) 2B - A Soriano
3.) SS - M. Tejada
4.) 1B - A. Pujols
5.) DH - D. Ortiz
6.) RF - V. Guerrero
7.) 3B - A. Beltre
8.) LF - M. Alou
9.) C - M. Olivo

1. W. Taveras
2. M. Tejada
3. A. Pujols
4. D. Ortiz
5. V. Guerrero
6. A. Beltre
7. A Soriano
8. M. Alou
9. M. Olivo
Why? Because Soriano is the strikeout king in that lineup and David is THE clean up/clutch man. Also, the baseball gods would be if Vlad batted 6th. That would really be a crime and a sin. Also, no way Soriano should bat in ahead of Beltre.

Remember that Jose Flash Reyes will also be playing some of these games. In those games I'd almost be willing to "rest" Tejada!???!!??!!
I agree, would be tough to keep Reyes out of the line-up, but would you put him in at the expense of Miggy? I wouldn't. I was curious if he would be able to play CF. That way you wouldn't have to put him in at Miggy's expense but then again DR has enough mashers in that line-up

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
DRPAWA said:
BigCity27 said:
1.) CF - W. Taveras
2.) 2B - A Soriano
3.) SS - M. Tejada
4.) 1B - A. Pujols
5.) DH - D. Ortiz
6.) RF - V. Guerrero
7.) 3B - A. Beltre
8.) LF - M. Alou
9.) C - M. Olivo

1. W. Taveras
2. M. Tejada
3. A. Pujols
4. D. Ortiz
5. V. Guerrero
6. A. Beltre
7. A Soriano
8. M. Alou
9. M. Olivo

That lineup looks even better. I would still boot Soriano to play LCastillo, though.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Sorry, you're right, I should've explained myself. I prefer him over Soriano moreso for playing ability. I realize how I might've caused confusion, since we're discussing batting order here. Castillo won 2B Golden Glove in 2003 straight through to 2005. He dominates 2B over Soriano, however, batting-wise, Soriano comes on top when you look at hr's, but not overall averages and consistency. Castillo may not be a HR hitter, but he's a more solid batter than Soriano. He's more dependable to come up and make a base hit or double when needed. And when he's hot, he's hot. Remember the streak?

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Final thoughts...

I thought about the Castillo/Soriano dilemna on the commute home, and the more I thought about it, the better Castillo sounds over Soriano. Not only is he a better 2B, he is a more consistent batter. We have some great sluggers (Vladi, Ortiz, Pujols, Beltre, Tejada) already on the team, we also need some batters that will just get on base or maybe hit a double when needed. Soriano strikes out way too much and just doesn't have the dependability Castillo has. Besides, he doesn't know how to bunt, so he wouldn't make a very good second bat.

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Here we go again - the biggest loser sock puppet is back...

Mescon said:
Castillo has a career average of 222 and slugging average of 296 OBP of 295

Soriano has a career average of .280 and slugging average of 500 an OBP of 320

Castillo strikes out 24% of the time to Soriano's 22%?????????

Soriano has 162 Home runs to Castillo's 11, Castillo has 14 RBI's to Soriano's 140 something LAST year, what am I missing?

I'm no baseball expert, but maybe someone could explain to me why Castillo is a "more solid batter?"

I'm only looking at numbers, maybe I have it backward? Do the numbers show an inverse relation to performance?

Obviously, you are no baseball expert at all, in fact, you are little more than a sick man who has nothing better to do than stalk these boards, going from one person to the next, trying to cause trouble.
Got a source for these stats, or do you prefer to pull them out of the thin air in your head???

Career stats:
Soriano:
http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tex/stats/tex_individual_stats_player.jsp?playerID=150093

Castillo:
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/fla/stats/fla_individual_stats_player.jsp?playerID=112116

Soriano Career OBP - .320
Castillo Career OBP - .370

Soriano Career Avg - .280
Castillo Career Avg - .293

Soriano Career Slugging Avg - .500
Castillo Career Slugging Avg - .356

Soriano Career SO - 676/3255 = 21%
Castillo Career SO - 629/4347 = 14.5%

Soriano Career BB - 157
Castillo Career BB - 533

Soriano RBI last year, 104 NOT 140 (ahem typo perhaps?), Castillo 30 NOT 14. Even your homerun #'s are way off-base...can you get anything right, or do you prefer to lie, like always?

Maybe if you want to run your mouth, you might try knowing what you are talking about first. At times, that helps a little bit. Not always, of course, but to sane people, it does (I realize there is no reason to call you sane, so I won't take offense if you continue to babble mindlessly and make up stats). I guess you are missing something after all. Got your "mask on", mescon?

Last edited:

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
You're right

Mescon said:
Castillo has a career average of 222 and slugging average of 296 OBP of 295

Soriano has a career average of .280 and slugging average of 500 an OBP of 320

Castillo strikes out 24% of the time to Soriano's 22%?????????

Soriano has 162 Home runs to Castillo's 11, Castillo has 14 RBI's to Soriano's 140 something LAST year, what am I missing?

I'm no baseball expert, but maybe someone could explain to me why Castillo is a "more solid batter?"

I'm only looking at numbers, maybe I have it backward? Do the numbers show an inverse relation to performance?

It's just the sluggers that they have,so a good glove is more important.... plus he is a sucker for the down and away breaking ball. Always has been always well. As for his fielding, even Willie Randolph could not help him play the position, and that are the reasons why the Yankees got rid of him.

As far as his offense stats and other players for that matter..... you have 80% of pitchers that really belong in AAA, but were brought up because there is no pitching.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
You've Sold Me Trina

trina said:
I thought about the Castillo/Soriano dilemna on the commute home, and the more I thought about it, the better Castillo sounds over Soriano. Not only is he a better 2B, he is a more consistent batter. We have some great sluggers (Vladi, Ortiz, Pujols, Beltre, Tejada) already on the team, we also need some batters that will just get on base or maybe hit a double when needed. Soriano strikes out way too much and just doesn't have the dependability Castillo has. Besides, he doesn't know how to bunt, so he wouldn't make a very good second bat.

I will agree with you on Castillo not only because of his defense - while Soriano's position is up in the air with the Nationals - but because of his ability to get on base and not strike out. Reminding me of that hitting streak didn't hurt either. Very good Trina.

Castillo over Soriano it is - Soriano can back him up.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
DRPAWA said:
I will agree with you on Castillo not only because of his defense - while Soriano's position is up in the air with the Nationals - but because of his ability to get on base and not strike out. Reminding me of that hitting streak didn't hurt either. Very good Trina.

Castillo over Soriano it is - Soriano can back him up.

:classic: I done good. :classic:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
My rant above makes little sense, (glad I quoted the original post, because it's gone) because we recognized the sockpuppet messedtom - errr mescon - and he was then booted, all posts erased. I'm not proud of talking like that to anybody, but he seems to have that effect on people. So to the people in this thread reading it, I do apologize. He can turn a usually nice person like me into a complete biatch, but trust me, it's been years of him stalking the DR1 board and trying to torment me and a lot of other people I consider good friends.

I have to laugh, and I have to share what is really.freaking.funny. I did some checking around on the internet, and the idiot sockpuppet thought I was talking about Alberto Castillo. He quoted Alberto Castillo's stats - I mean, Alberto can make the throw to second, perhaps that qualifies him to play 2B now? Who am I to judge?

Last edited:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
trina said:
My rant above makes little sense, (glad I quoted the original post, because it's gone) because we recognized the sockpuppet messedtom - errr mescon - and he was then booted, all posts erased. I'm not proud of talking like that to anybody, but he seems to have that effect on people. So to the people in this thread reading it, I do apologize. He can turn a usually nice person like me into a complete biatch, but trust me, it's been years of him stalking the DR1 board and trying to torment me and a lot of other people I consider good friends.

I have to laugh, and I have to share what is really.freaking.funny. I did some checking around on the internet, and the idiot sockpuppet thought I was talking about Alberto Castillo. He quoted Alberto Castillo's stats - I mean, Alberto can make the throw to second, perhaps that qualifies him to play 2B now? Who am I to judge?

No need to apologize. Your a cool person and I enjoy having you here in DR!!!! :)

But I know what you mean. There are two a$$holes here in DR1 who I do not like. :bunny:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
No need to apologize. Your a cool person and I enjoy having you here in DR!!!! :)

But I know what you mean. There are two a$$holes here in DR1 who I do not like. :bunny:

Thanks. The only two people I absolutely cannot stand are in banned land.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005