martini bar

G

gary short

jaguarbob said:
Live in SD and looking for a good martini bar????
Bob
Why don't you just go to a good bar and ask for a martini?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
In the Dominican Republic? :rolleyes: Last time I went to a good bar asked asked for a scotch with water. They brought me a water tumbler full of scotch :classic: I was happy...

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Btw, TGIF's (Acropolis Mall) has martinis. They were ok, but I was taking advantage of their happy hour - mainly Presidente's (which wasn't a good deal at all)

G

gary short

Chris said:
In the Dominican Republic? :rolleyes: Last time I went to a good bar asked asked for a scotch with water. They brought me a water tumbler full of scotch :classic: I was happy...
Wow that's a good bar. So you go there and ask for a martini. Are you going to get something other than gin or vodka and vermouth, shakin or stirred?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Do not ask for a Martini, you will get Martini liquor or a mix you will not like.
I drink Martini's all the time in the D.R. I just ask for straight Gin mixed like a Martini with olives. Works for me. After awhile they just make it when I come in without even asking.

G

gary short

jaguarbob said:
Live in SD and looking for a good martini bar????
Bob
Just got the word from a reliable source. Go to El Grotto.

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Like martini's dry

I like my Absolute vodka martini's very dry...so long as there is vermouth in the same country it works for me!

Every bar has it too!

JRR

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
ElvisNYC said:
Btw, TGIF's (Acropolis Mall) has martinis. They were ok, but I was taking advantage of their happy hour - mainly Presidente's (which wasn't a good deal at all)

Sorry to veer of topic here but why were the presidentes not a good deal? I remember paying 55 pesos for a presedente there (+ 26%) and I thought considering the atmosphere it was a good deal.

Also, when is happy hour?

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
JDJones said:
I've always gotten a great martini at the Champions bar in the Jaragua.
They use the extra large martini glass, which is hugh, and it's 150 pesos. Sounds expensive, I know, but check the prices in some other places.
I've paid more than that for a small martini in other bars.
BTW, I drink Bombay gin in my martini!
JD,

Will they make a vodka martini with decent vodka (preferably kettle one) for 150 pesos or do they wallop you over the head when you ask for a specific vodka?

I haven't had a martini since I have been here.

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
JDJones said:
Larry,
Are you talking about grain vodka as opposed to cane vodka?
I know they would make a vodka martini, because I remember they asked me if I wanted Vodka or Gin the first time I went.
Seemingly minor detail, but most places won' even ask you.
Maybe we should go this even and see??
No, I mean if I as for a "Kettle one vodka martini" as opposed to just a "vodka martini" will I have to pay more for the good vodka?

I assume that if I just ask for a "vodka martini" they will give me the cheap crap they have behind the bar.

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
JDJones said:
Larry,

Maybe we should go this evening and see??

Actually, I was thinking about going to our usual stopping place for dinner and a glass of vino if you want to join me.

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
JRR said:
I like my Absolute vodka martini's very dry...so long as there is vermouth in the same country it works for me!

Every bar has it too!

JRR
Me too. If I just just hold the bottle of vermouth above the glass and say "vermoooooouth".... I feel that is sufficient.

Larry