continental- Logan to ERW to Puerto Plata

Jan 20, 2006
Is there anyone that is going from Boston to Newark then to Puerto Plata, March 20th. We have to change from gate A24 to C90, a whole different terminal. I dont know how to do that, other then take the train thing......just looking for some help.

Thank You

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
bucknell_d@yahoo.com said:
Is there anyone that is going from Boston to Newark then to Puerto Plata, March 20th. We have to change from gate A24 to C90, a whole different terminal. I dont know how to do that, other then take the train thing......just looking for some help.

Thank You
Not a problem. It is a monorail that makes a loop of all the terminals. Simply follow the signs, get on and get off. Better than walking.

Jan 20, 2006
I checked the Airport Map, looks quite huge to me, I do charter flights for direct flights usually. Flown alot but never changed terminals before. I have 1 hr and 20 min. will that be enough time?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I checked the Airport Map, looks quite huge to me, I do charter flights for direct flights usually. Flown alot but never changed terminals before. I have 1 hr and 20 min. will that be enough time?
You should be OK as long as luggage is already checked through. Problem you may have is you make it and your luggage has to catch up to you. Make sure you have everthing you need for the first day in your carry-on.

Jan 20, 2006
Thanks, I hope things go good. I have learned that I pack a little of my clothes and a little of my husbands clothes in each piece of luggage. We lost one piece of luggage last year, and it was all of my husbands clothes, He was not HAPPY at all. We got it the next night. But this way we at least have enough for a few days. I always have a carry on with bathing suites and a few shirts for emergencies. Just wished I had someone else that was going on this flight to help with the monorail.

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
monrail

Don't worry! You should have plenty of time......just hope there isn't a long line going through security. As far as the monrail, it looks longer on the map at EWR than iut actually is. It is a very short ride, and if I remeber correctly, they run like every 10-15 minutes or so. Used to use them all the time for long term parking.

Enjoy your trip and hope it is a safe one!

JRR

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Here is a recent thread on someone taking the Boston-ewr-sti flight in which he had an hour and three minitues to make the connection. I never thought he'd make it, but he did.

Let us know how it goes.

exek

May 26, 2003
www.cormega-central.com
I’m going by memory here always double check with signs and ask airport personal they are there to help. Here is what you have to do as soon as you disembark the plane start heading towards the terminal exit signs you will the see the monorail signs too. After you see you have pass the security checkpoint for terminal A and find yourself out the gate area and the entrance for security turn right. You should see a monorail sign follow that sign and turn another right you will see the escalator/elevator and go up the stairs you should see the monorail station from there. After you get up the stairs just wait for the next train. They keep you updated by saying next train will arrive in “x” amount of seconds. Just position yourself next to one of the doors as soon as it opens if no one is coming out hop right in. when you get to terminal C as soon as you come down the stairs and you see the first security checkpoint check to see if your connecting gate is in that security checkpoint if not the staff there will direct you to which security entrance is best for you. Sometimes even let you get in the first class line if they see you have a short connection time. Seems like a lot but it’s actually not I’ve been thru worst connecting airports. Just make sure you wear good comfortable shoes. Also if you want after you pass thru security on terminal C you can take one of those airport carts to your gate.
Hope this helps.
-Exek

Jan 20, 2006
Ewr

Thanks for the information,

It sure does look like a lot to do to connect flights. I wasnt aware that I had to go through two security check points, sometimes they take a long time. If I had more time, I think I would change airlines, I only have 2 and 1/2 weeks. This is really scaring the @#@ out of me. Approximatley how long does this all take.

Thanks for any and all the info I have been getting.

Linda

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Thanks for the information,

It sure does look like a lot to do to connect flights. I wasnt aware that I had to go through two security check points, sometimes they take a long time. If I had more time, I think I would change airlines, I only have 2 and 1/2 weeks. This is really scaring the @#@ out of me. Approximatley how long does this all take.

Thanks for any and all the info I have been getting.
Assuming everything goes okay, you should not have a problem making your connection. Airtran (the monorail) runs about every 4 minutes that time of the morning. Security checkpoints in Terminal C are the most efficient I have ever seen. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to clear security.

Jan 20, 2006
Thank you all so much for all the help. I am still nervous, but I have high hopes things go well and the flight from Boston is not delayed. You have all been very helpful and I really appreciate it all.