Dirty Dominican (or "Spanish") Jokes?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Does anyone know of or where I can find some very funny dirty Dominican (or Spanish) jokes? I DON'T WANT jokes American's (English-speakers) make about Dominicans (or Latinos), but jokes Dominicans (or Latinos) tell amongst themselves.

I would prefer that the joke NOT be translated into English, but kept in Spanish. I know the meaning of the joke may be lost when translated, so if possible, could you please provide a brief summary of the story and punchline?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is probably not the best place to look for these things...:p:p

Ask your Hispanic friends about the "Loro" Or "Pepito" jokes--these are quick ones.
Pepito: Maestra?
Maestra: S?, Pepito?
P: Los bombillos se comen?
M: Pues, no Pepito, ?porqu? me haces esa pregunta?
P: Porque todas las noches mi Papi dice a mi Mami : "Apaga el bombillo y p?ngalo en tu boca."

You might try a Dominican website called www.uepa.com and ask about chistes calientes.

HB :laugh:

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Hillbilly said:
This is probably not the best place to look for these things...:p:p

Ask your Hispanic friends about the "Loro" Or "Pepito" jokes--these are quick ones.
Pepito: Maestra?
Maestra: S?, Pepito?
P: Los bombillos se comen?
M: Pues, no Pepito, ?porqu? me haces esa pregunta?
P: Porque todas las noches mi Papi dice a mi Mami : "Apaga el bombillo y p?ngalo en tu boca."

You might try a Dominican website called www.uepa.com and ask about chistes calientes.

HB :laugh:
Do you mean "bombero?"

BTW: Does anyone know some good "Sankie" or "Puta" jokes that are in Spanish?

Thanks,

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
helpmann said:
Do you mean "bombero?"

BTW: Does anyone know some good "Sankie" or "Puta" jokes that are in Spanish?

Thanks,

bombero = fireman
bombillo = light (or light bulb)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
helpmann said:
You think HillBilly meant "lightbulb?"

-Helpmann :ermm:

:classic: That's what you would turn off if you're going to have sex, right? If you read the joke, it makes sense. The child thinks he's talking about the bulb when he hears "pongalo in tu boca", but obviously, that's the joke, because the father is telling the wife something else.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Jokes do not usually translate well if at all.

Ocassionally I hear a joke that tickles me and I try to translate it into Spanish kind of as a language excersize but I kinda feel sorry for my employees who have to listen to my translated jokes and pretend to be tickled.

My theory on this is that:

Humor has been defined as appreciation for the difference between the way things are and the way they should be, the contrast between reality and ideals.

People who speak English, and people who speak Spanish do not often have the same concept of the way things are, OR of the way they should be, neither the same perception of reality or the same ideals.

So obviously they are not often going to laugh at the same things.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
MrMike said:

Ocassionally I hear a joke that tickles me and I try to translate it into Spanish kind of as a language excersize but I kinda feel sorry for my employees who have to listen to my translated jokes and pretend to be tickled.

Humor has been defined as appreciation for the difference between the way things are and the way they should be, the contrast between reality and ideals.

People who speak English, and people who speak Spanish do not often have the same concept of the way things are, OR of the way they should be, neither the same perception of reality or the same ideals.

You're absolutely right. I'm just happy that I'm at a point in my knowledge of the Spanish language that I can appreciate a good joke. It's not only jokes that don't translate well. It's hard to translate a good Spanish love song, because to me, you lose so much in the translation. Songs that are sung in Spanish are often much more powerful. There are also words in Spanish that I wouldn't even know how to translate into English, because I just can't think of an equivalent that says the same thing.

Last edited:

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
"Dumb Blonde" Jokes...

Do "Dumb Blonde" jokes translate well? If not, if the words "Dumb Blonde" were substituted with the word "norteamericana" would the joke be the same, funnier, or less funny?

-Helpmann :)

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
You're Not Kidding!!

MrMike said:

That's the truth!! Just ask the Danish!!

-Helpmann :laugh:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Just a matter of opinion, but I don't think latinos pride themselves on thinking they're smarter than everybody else the same way uh, other people do so making fun of stupid people isn't as big a laugh for them.

Also making fun of women is considered more "uncultured" than funny. They might be willing to laugh at an uncultured person making fun of women, but to do it directly would mostly just be uncomfortable.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I've heard Dominicans telling 'gallego' jokes, but can't think of an equivalent to blonde jokes, no.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Looking for Humor in the Dominican Republic...

Is there much cross-over in humor among Spanish speaking countries? In general, do Spanish-speakers all laugh at the same jokes?

In the Dominican Republic, is their a great divide among classes and races about what's funny and what is not?

BTW: Are there any comedy clubs in Santo Domingo?

-Helpmann :)

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
From what I can tell misunderstandings are pretty funny to Dominicans, physical comedy is always appreciated and getting caught or nearly caught cheating on your spouse is pretty funny as long as its not actually happenning to you.

But physical traits like skin color, race etc. are usually only called out in an affectionate, rarely disparaging way.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Three's Company...

MrMike said:
From what I can tell misunderstandings are pretty funny to Dominicans, physical comedy is always appreciated and getting caught or nearly caught cheating on your spouse is pretty funny as long as its not actually happenning to you.

But physical traits like skin color, race etc. are usually only called out in an affectionate, rarely disparaging way.
Damn!! Based on your and Chirimoya's comments, I bet re-runs of "Three's Company" are a big hit in the DR!

-Helpmann :laugh:

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Believe it or not, "El Colmadero" magazine has a humor section and is always good for a few knee-slappers.