travel visa for dominicans

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
hi all. not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I would like to know how difficult it is for wealthy dominican citizens to get travel visa to first world countries. ie usa, canada france ect thanks

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
If they're reasonably wealthy and have an invitation, obtaining a tourist visa for European Schengen countries is not that hard at all. If they're very wealthy they might not need an invitation.

stiggybaby

Jan 20, 2006
...and what about non-wealthy, average people?

I've invited my dominican girlfriend to come visit me here at my house in the USA.

My dominican friends make it sound that for her to get a tourist visa is difficult. I called the US Dept of State (after about 45 minutes waiting), and the visa expert Michael said that as long as everything is in order (she has a passport, photos, letter (with name, itinirary, explaination of expenses, purpose of visit), and visa application fee, then she should be approved for her first visit here to the US.

My problem (and question) is that I am suspecious of what US gov people tell me, and my dominican friends feel differently (from their experiences).

What should I expect? Is she likely to get approved for a tourist visa to visit me? Would you say it's 95% chance of being approved?

If not, what needs/should be done to get her chance of approval up?

I did a dr1 site search, waded around in threads for a few hours, but could not find any "real" info.

also, if there are any good threads on this, please post or send me the link.

Thanks again for the help/feedback.