Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overview of Dominican Real Estate Law

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Overview of Dominican Real Estate Law

An excellent overview in English supplied by Fabio Guzman.

Guzman Ariza & Asociados - The Dominican Republic Law Firm: Guzman Ariza, Attorneys at Law.

Updated March, 2008.
    Last edited by Robert; 03-24-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO: This should be a sticky.
    Thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This is very informative and could be used as a starting point for all would be property buyers, I agree with deelt, this should be a sticky. We wouldn't want this post to get lost or forgotten.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Opps, I forget to stick it first time around, thanks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking A Near Masterpiece! Well done!

As a practicing attorney in a small town New England enviroment with considerable R E experience, this is a true gem! I'm appreciative.

* Food for thought: at times Atty. Guzman contrasts DR R E law with similar practices in the USA; possible additional useful info for foreigners:
    * a. mortgages? How do DR banking practices, assuming a 1st mortgage on a residential parcel of R E differ from American practices?
    * b.. R E brokers? Are R E brokers licensed? Regulated? Subject to governmental or non-governmental supervision? Details, please.
    * c. Seller taking back a 1st mortgage? This seems t/b the common practice, among foreigners at least. Of necessity! Advangates? Disadvantages?
    * d. The mortgage foreclosure process. Complicated? Expensive? Time consuming? Comments.

* Some of these questions may be of interest only to a [happy] former lawyer. Again, my sincere thanks for a job exceptionally well done. DR1, & Atty Guzman, keep up the extremely valuable info.

DR1 Expert
    Post Thanks / Like

Gringosabroso,

Thank you so much for you appreciation and your suggestions for additional information. I'll certainly take them into account for the next update.
    Fabio J. Guzman
    Guzman Ariza
    Attorneys-at-Law
    Sosúa, Santo Domingo, San Francisco de Macorís, Cabrera
    Las Terrenas, Samaná, Bávaro (Punta Cana) and La Romana
    Dominican Republic

info@drlawyer.com

Website

The opinion above should not be construed to be formal legal advice and was given without reviewing the facts and documents pertinent to the case. The reader should NOT act based upon this opinion without seeking professional counsel.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Real Estate Foreclosure & Bankruptcy

I am researching to locate in English, Dominican Republic laws regarding bankruptcy and foreclosure as the laws pertain to Real estate located in the Dominican Republic but owned by US Citizen. Thanks for any assistance.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re

Losing your house to bankruptcy is not something I'd recommend!

The Dominican Republic real estate prices will go up due to it's popularity. What they need to do to help increse their prices is to have lower interest rates for borrowers.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What about Promise of Sale, when developer financing is issue

What rules, law applies when the property is bought with developer mortgage taken for 5 years and the only contract we have is promise of sale?
    Who is the real seller when it comes to resale, do we need our's developer authorisation to sell the property?
    How long the promisse of sale can excist without beiing transform to contract of sale?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to you for posting such a gem!

Thanks a lot for a very helpful information!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast