Not DR related... but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
anyone attending an Ontario College is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for who knows how long ..... and what timing... I won't be missing any classes when I leave for POP in 3 days !!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK GOD FOR STRIKES !!!!

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
la_barbie said:
anyone attending an Ontario College is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for who knows how long ..... and what timing... I won't be missing any classes when I leave for POP in 3 days !!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK GOD FOR STRIKES !!!!

This is quite hard to do .... but I am going to have to agree with la_barbie. Im just kidding ;)

It is quite exciting to have them be on strike and not have to worry about that crap when i to go back to the DR in a few weeks ;) :cheeky:

*Baby Girl

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Is this going to affect the college winter break/march break/reading week - (sorry, each college seems to call it different). If the strike ends, will students have to go back during their break? My niece is supposed to be coming to visit me next week during her break, so that is why I am wondering?

Gee - now to make this DR related - nice to see you won't miss any classes - LaBarbie !!

Marlie

myra77

Dec 29, 2005
dr1.com
I wish this strike affected me......I'm attending Humber College, however since I am on my internship I still am required to do everything to go along with it - including my assignments.....but at least I will still graduate this year....LOL...though I'm not attending my graduation ceremony...LOL....oh well.......

Marlie I higly doubt that it will affect your niece's reading week.....however it varies from school to school what they are doing....and each school's reading week is at a different time.....so my advice call or email her and find out from her as she will likely have more information!

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
marliejaneca said:
Is this going to affect the college winter break/march break/reading week - (sorry, each college seems to call it different). If the strike ends, will students have to go back during their break? My niece is supposed to be coming to visit me next week during her break, so that is why I am wondering?

Gee - now to make this DR related - nice to see you won't miss any classes - LaBarbie !!

Marlie

i suggets haveing your niece contact her school and figure out whats going on.
Each College is different. So what it may be for one might not be for another.
I dont think it should affect her coming to see you though ...

*Baby Girl

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Thanks for the responses - I will keep trying to contact her, she hasn't been online for a few days now - so I guess I will pick up the phone and do it the old fashioned way !! LOL

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I was under the impression that all ON colleges are on strike. Each college might be different, but once one is on strike all are on strike. Let's hope it doesn't last to long, because one month into the end of the school year is a heck of a time to be striking. I myself wonder what is going to happen to the students in their last year. When the strike is over (and lets hope it's soon) students may be required to go over Summer to complete the session. What a mess.

myra77

Dec 29, 2005
dr1.com
Why because we all have a ton of work to do all the time, and hardley anytime to do it in, its nice to have a break.....besides that we will still get all the education that we are paying for - be it now or into May.....however luckily for me, being my final semester in school my professors have arranged for us to complete our semester regardless of what happens with the strike.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
The strikes no fun anymore and is the thought of going to DR on Thursday,
my dog just past away.... meant more to me than anything else..... :(

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
myra77 said:
Why because we all have a ton of work to do all the time, and hardley anytime to do it in, its nice to have a break.....besides that we will still get all the education that we are paying for - be it now or into May.....
That may be fine for you but numerous students would be screwed if they end up finishing later.
Many have jobs lined up that may not wait for them plus every lost week of full-time wages will be sorely missed.
Plus many students book flights home that are not very flexible, if at all.

myra77

Dec 29, 2005
dr1.com
No flights aren't flexible, however most can be changed with fee. And I'm not saying that it is a good thing for anyone, but for those of us who are working hard, it is a nice little break, believe me I hope that the strike is over soon enough too......

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
myra77 said:
No flights aren't flexible, however most can be changed with fee.
This may be so for full-fare tickets but many students buy discount tickets which are inflexible or the options are virtually useless for them.
In any case, I would think that most students don't have much excess cash to throw away at the end of their term, or any other time.:tired:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Also - what happens to the students who have signed leases to the end of their school year - where do they live if they have to end up staying longer to finish their year?

P.S. My neice is still coming, yahoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.