DR vs. Johan Santana

Alfonso Soriano - flies out to left on 3 pitches

Miguel Tejada - strikes out on 4 pitches

Albert Pujols - grounds to SS on 2 pitches

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Changeup

Santana has the changeup working. Just sat down Tejeda - who couldn't have hit it with a tennis racket and a running start.

Great to see some baseball being played.
edit: fixed typos - I did it with my foot.

Last edited:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Bottom of the 1st - Colon vs. VZ

Omar Vizquel - single to left (4th pitch), went to 2nd on fielding (LF slipped)

Carlos Guillen - grounds to 2nd, moving Vizquel to 3rd base (2 pitches)

Bobby Abreu - Walk (8 pitches)

Miguel Cabrera - 1st pitch, grounds into double play, 2B-SS-1B

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Dominican VS Venezuela!!!

Domincan is up 1 to 0....Ortiz just hit a bomb off Santana!!! I'll keep you updated.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Top of 2nd - Santana vs. DR

David Ortiz - 4th pitch - Homers over CF

Moises Alou - 4th pitch - strikeout

Adrian Beltre - 2nd pitch - foul popout to 3B

Juan Encarnacion - 5th pitch - walk

Alberto Castillo - 3rd pitch - pop single to RF - Encarnacion to 3B

Willy Tavares - grounds to 2B, error on throw to force out runner at 2B, Concepcion scores, Castillo to 3B, Tavares to 2B

Soriano - strikes out on 4 pitches

DR 2, VZ 0

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Keep up the great work, guys! I'm at work and don't want to miss a thing. Co-workers must think I'm crazy, just let out a yelp!!!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Bottom of 2nd - Colon vs. VZ

Ramon Hernandez - strike out on 6 pitches

Magglio Ordonez - flyout to RF on 6 pitches

Victor Martinez - strikes out on 6 pitches

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I'll try to keep posting as long as i can (I mean, I am at work, LOL!!!), but gotta grab lunch and get back. May miss an inning or so, on the play by play

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
toneloc24 said:
David Ortiz - 4th pitch - Homers over CF

DR 2, VZ 0

I love you big papi! Who could doubt he'd score the first homerun? Thanks again, toneloc et al. Keep up the great work! I knew I should've taken a flex day today!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Top of the 3rd - Santana vs. DR

Miguel Tejada - Strike out on 4 pitches

Albert Pujols - 4 pitch walk

David Ortiz - 7 pitch walk (very funny nonetheless. Johan almost lost it on the umps. LOL!!!)

Moises Alou - 2 pitch groundout to SS for double-play.

DR 2, Venezuela 0

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Did you guys desert me? Hello? Twenty minutes...lol...do I have to call my husband to see what is happening? Silence has me worried...

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Once the TV ads are over, will post what's happening. Am at Robert's place, but he says I can only stay for 20 minutes because he has to watch some football game. Just while tonelac24 is out for lunch.

Carlos Zambrano was called in and controlled the Dominicans. Miguel Batista called in as relief pitcher after Bartolo Colon had 50 pitches (32 strikes).

DR still has the 2-0 lead.

Venezuela at bat in the second half of the 4th. Ramon Hernandez bats for a double play.

Ordo?ez bats a hit. Victor Martinez, designated batter, comes to play for Venezuela. Two outs. Walks. Man on first and second. Alfonzo bats for the first homerun for Venezuela. Third out. Game 2-1 now by the 4th inning. DR goes to bat in the 5th.

Last edited:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Nothing happened. Eating lunch. Can't watch the game, eat lunch, and follow play-by-play, all while faking to be working. LOL!!!

I'll get back to the play-by-play at the top of the 5th. I missed some, but Carlos Zambrano's now pitching, and closed out the top of the 4th with a K of Tavares.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Dolores said:
Am at Robert's place, but he says I can only stay for 20 minutes because he has to watch some football game.

Oh, the gall of Robert, eh? Robert, when are you going to learn to appreciate a real sport! ;)

Dolores, thanks for the great update in Tone's absense. Now we'll see how our next set of pitchers will fare. Sounds like Bartolo did awesome!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Bottom of 4th wrap-up

Miguel Bautista picthing, relatively wild. With 2 outs, hit batter. Allowed basehit, runner to 3rd, single to right by Edgardo Alfonso scores run.

DR 2, VZ 1.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Alfonso Soriano bats for first out. Carlos Zamorano pitching. Miguel Tejada at bat with two strikes. Struck out.