Keep reporting in the same place

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There were three different threads on the Venezuela game. For the next games, let us just have one. Call it the name of the opponent vs. DR and everyone post updates in the same place.

For example,

Australia vs. DR
Italy vs. DR

etc.

I tried merging the one started by DR Defender with the one already happening, but then I noticed there was another one ongoing with Miguel.

So, let's just keep them in the same place.

Great game. Never would have thought would have been such a killing.

DR truly revenged its losing in the Caribbean Series. Actually, it was the B team that was playing then. This is the A team (even though many of the stars are not playing). I guess those that are playing are playing from the heart.

We love you all!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Very good idea, Dolores. I agree that the score indicates we killed them, however, it was 6-5 at one point (8th inning?), and that was a little close for comfort. Then big Papi and Beltre came through for us again. I could do backflips right now! Okay, well, maybe not backflips, but I could probably pull off half-@ssed cartwheels!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Next games are Italy vs. DR on Thursday, 9 March at 1 pm, and Australia vs. DR on Friday, 10 March at 7 pm.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
trina said:
Very good idea, Dolores. I agree that the score indicates we killed them, however, it was 6-5 at one point (8th inning?), and that was a little close for comfort. Then big Papi and Beltre came through for us again. I could do backflips right now! Okay, well, maybe not backflips, but I could probably pull off half-@ssed cartwheels!

Dolores - I'll agree as well. Doubt if I'll be able to do play-by-play again, probably because the DR vs. VZ game interested me most. We'll see about the future games. I'll comply.

Trina - so true your statements. I wish you were able to see it. Even when the DR went up 6-3, it WAS a close game....until Luis Sojo, Venezuela's manager, showed his inexperience by bringing in Carlos Hernandez against David Ortiz. You need to bring in K-Rod in that situation. They had the DR on their heels. Venezuela had to keep the pressure up. You already dodged Pujols this time around, then they bring in a lesser pitcher vs. the anchor of the lineup, who had already gone deep in the game? Once Ortiz figured out that Hernandez wasn't much of a threat, he sat on a breaking ball and CRUSHED it over the RF wall. Beltre and the rest were just add-ons.

Mind you, Victor Zambrano had both Pujols and Ortiz on the ropes earlier. Bad managing move on Sojo's part. DR took advantage. You can't make mistakes like that against this lineup.

A victory well-deserved by the DR. And a lesson for the Venezuela team and the rest of the WCS teams.