transport from Bavaro to Samana

bon

Mar 8, 2006
Hello,
We are staying at Bavaro next week but would really like to do the whale tour in Samana as well. Can anyone recommend a good way to get to Samana from Bavaro or should we try to book overnight accomodation in Samana?
Any tips gratefully received, thank you
Bon

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Stay overnight in Samana. But call the office of Kim Beddall first to be sure the tours are still being offered. 809-538-2494 or 2588. Your visit will be near the end of the whale season, so you should call before you make the trip to be sure it is worth doing.

boatman

Jan 29, 2006
We just returned 2/28 and tried to go out with Kim. Unless you have been there before it was not something that I would do myself. We stayed at the Occidential Flamingo and the VIP representative was able to get us an excersion but we ended up in small (23ft) boats. See our trip report. The trip was $249pp. but we saw a lot of whales. This trip also included flight, horseback ride to the falls, lunch, and the whales. Read the previous replies, it is getting close to the end of the season.
Boatman

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
boatman said:
We just returned 2/28 and tried to go out with Kim. Unless you have been there before it was not something that I would do myself. We stayed at the Occidential Flamingo and the VIP representative was able to get us an excersion but we ended up in small (23ft) boats. See our trip report. The trip was $249pp. but we saw a lot of whales. This trip also included flight, horseback ride to the falls, lunch, and the whales. Read the previous replies, it is getting close to the end of the season.
Boatman

So, how did they get you from Punta Cana to Samana? At that price pp, I would think by plane!

OOPS! didn't read carefully enough!

Last edited: