Taxi fare

dennisk

Mar 9, 2006
Going to Dominican Repablic firs time:paranoid:
Does anyone have an idea how much the taxi fare would be from Santo Domingo Airport to Colonial zone? Can i pay US dollars to taxi driver what about tip?
Thank you

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
dennisk said:
Going to Dominican Repablic firs time:paranoid:
Does anyone have an idea how much the taxi fare would be from Santo Domingo Airport to Colonial zone? Can i pay US dollars to taxi driver what about tip?
Thank you
As I'm from Puerto Plata, I don't know the fares from SDQ, but all the Airport taxi stands have the fares posted in US$, no tip necessary.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Was

dennisk said:
sorry just found in Santo Domingo two international airports arriving SDQ

Middle of Jan was 900rd. should not be more than a 1000rd, no idea the dollar rate.

europeanguy

Nov 23, 2004
Although not for a first timer, but an alternative is: walk through the taxi crowd towards the guys on the motorcycles. They will bring you to the busstop at the highway, from where you take the gua gua (bus) to Santo Domingo. Total cost 50 pesos plus 50 pesos for the gua gua, gives 100 pesos. A taxi in Santo Domingo will not cost more than 150 pesos.

The airports of Puerto Plata and Punta Cana are already on a highway, so there one can take the gua gua right away.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
europeanguy said:
Although not for a first timer, but an alternative is: walk through the taxi crowd towards the guys on the motorcycles. They will bring you to the busstop at the highway, from where you take the gua gua (bus) to Santo Domingo. Total cost 50 pesos plus 50 pesos for the gua gua, gives 100 pesos. A taxi in Santo Domingo will not cost more than 150 pesos.

The airports of Puerto Plata and Punta Cana are already on a highway, so there one can take the gua gua right away.
That's some stingy penny-pinching way too travel on your vacation.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Taxi Gegorio Luperon to Sosua

While on the topic: I paid 600 RDP for a taxi from Sosua (El Batey) to the airport a couple of weeks ago, which seemed right. Someone told me though that it might be double that going the other way (because of the airport license or something). I haven't done this recently since we've had pick up by Marc. Does anyone have definite info on this? Obviously if the cost of gas goes on rising everything will soon be out of date -- but relative rates each way are what I'm looking for.