Wanting to adopt a child

mlmidrovo

Mar 12, 2006
Can anyone help me to find a newborn child I live in the USA and I can not have any children of my own. Please let me know of any information for your help I will pay. I know there must be many woman out there that can not raise a child so let me help we can help eachother so if there are any pregnant woman out there that do not want to keep their baby please please contact me and i will take care of you.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Can anyone help me to find a new automobile I live in the USA and I can not have any automobiles of my own. Please let me know of any information for your help I will pay. I know there must be many persons out there that can not afford to put gas in their automobiles so let me help we can help eachother so if there are any automobile owners out there that do not want to keep their automobile please please contact me and i will take care of you.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Mirador said:
Can anyone help me to find a new automobile I live in the USA and I can not have any automobiles of my own. Please let me know of any information for your help I will pay. I know there must be many persons out there that can not afford to put gas in their automobiles so let me help we can help eachother so if there are any automobile owners out there that do not want to keep their automobile please please contact me and i will take care of you.

I already have a car, but I could use a sailboat!

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
mlmidrovo said:
Can anyone help me to find a newborn child I live in the USA and I can not have any children of my own. Please let me know of any information for your help I will pay. I know there must be many woman out there that can not raise a child so let me help we can help eachother so if there are any pregnant woman out there that do not want to keep their baby please please contact me and i will take care of you.

This is not all that easy down here, and if you take time to do a search of this message board you will find other people wanting to do the same thing and some advice as to how it is done. I might be able to hook you up with an orphanage in the bateys, but generally from what I have gathered it is hard to adopt here outright.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
macocael said:
This is not all that easy down here, and if you take time to do a search of this message board you will find other people wanting to do the same thing and some advice as to how it is done. I might be able to hook you up with an orphanage in the bateys, but generally from what I have gathered it is hard to adopt here outright.

Macocael, children are not commodities, or items of exchange subject to supply-demand conditions. The OP should be told that DR culture is child-oriented, not childless person oriented. This means that the needs of a child are paramount, and the child?s needs are defined in terms of parenting, which entails much more than just the capacity to feed, clothe, or attend immediate physical needs. The fact that the OP is childless and is willing to buy a child, does not necessarily make him/her/or it fit to be a parent?

-

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
No-one even implied that children are commodities. The op simply says that she can pay. I read this that she is financially able to pay for adoption procedure, and to help the birth mother. I think it is completely insensitive to jump to the conclusion that the op is thinking that a child is a commodity. Adoption by the nature of the process is a legal process. One needs money for legal process. You don't know anything about this person. To assume that the request in itself is 'bad' vs 'good', in my book, is equally misguided.

mlmidrovo, the attorneys that give legal guidance on the board, Fabio Guzman, would be a good first contact point. They do handle adoptions I believe, but I have no idea which portion of the process they get involved in. Good legal advice however could give you the starting point of how to go about it. Their website is http://www.drlawyer.com/

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
All she wants is

a child. Her first posting and right away she's used as a pawn in a game of who can parse better and doesn't she have a clue tennis.
Having just gone thru this adoption process with a family member I know how intimidating and fustrating the whole thing is.Lets try and give her the best advise we can similar to Chris's and help the lady out.

BTW--after several months of trying to adopt in China (which is very difficult)
Sarah Elizabeth was born on Jan26 2006 in Guatemala. Parents will visit in June and be allowed to take the baby at 8 months.I might add that both parents are lawyers - and its not an easy process.

Good luck and if you would like to know more PM me.

JOHN

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Chris said:
No-one even implied that children are commodities. The op simply says that she can pay. I read this that she is financially able to pay for adoption procedure, and to help the birth mother. I think it is completely insensitive to jump to the conclusion that the op is thinking that a child is a commodity. Adoption by the nature of the process is a legal process. One needs money for legal process. You don't know anything about this person. To assume that the request in itself is 'bad' vs 'good', in my book, is equally misguided. ....QUOTE]

Charging money to help a foreign childless person to obtain a child in the DR, and charging money to help a person skip out of the country toward greener pastures, are both illegal activities in the DR. If you want to call the former 'smuggling' or 'white slavery', and the later 'helping a helpless childless lady find a child', is not only unethical but it's culturally frowned upon in the DR. You cannot contract surrogate wombs or pay for children in the DR. I'm sure Dr. Fabio Guzm?n would not risk his attorney's license in these dealings. In the DR the appropriate child government welfare authorities initiate and process adoptions. Adoptee/adopter candidates have to register and pass rigorous controls. There are no adoption parlors in the DR. The OP should look elsewhere...

-

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Mirador said:
Macocael, children are not commodities, or items of exchange subject to supply-demand conditions. The OP should be told that DR culture is child-oriented, not childless person oriented. This means that the needs of a child are paramount, and the child?s needs are defined in terms of parenting, which entails much more than just the capacity to feed, clothe, or attend immediate physical needs. The fact that the OP is childless and is willing to buy a child, does not necessarily make him/her/or it fit to be a parent?

-

quite right Mirador, but I didnt read the OP quite in that way, though I admit the post was not worded in the most sensitive manner, and maybe I was wrong (I was wrong about Ben and his "thieves" for example. It happens; it is hard to gather all the facts from these posts).

There is no way I can know if this person is a fit parent, and all that would have to be sorted out in the adoption process -- the orphanage that I know of is run by responsible caring people and they would not be induced to "sell" a child. But in fact this one and another one next to Sonador that I know of have a different means of providing for their orphans -- they tend to find parents in the community, and then those parents and the orphanage work together to provide schooling, food, etc right there in the community. That is, they dont exactly give the kids up for adoption; rather, they look for parents who are then "adopted" by the organization, and every one lives and works together somehow in that community. That is why I said I wasnt sure that my connection with these people would be of any help.

And I agree, this is certainly a very child-care oriented society, which is one reason I am so pleased to be raising my own child here.

But my heart goes out to these people. There is another member here who is also looking to adopt. Having discovered the pleasures (and trials!) of child rearing, I understand a little better now how those who cannot bear children of their own must feel. So I try to help.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Chris said:
Mirador, that stuff you're smoking is making you paranoid!

Not necessarily, it's just that a distant cousin of mine, Nereida Romero, from the hamlet of Card?n, south of San Juan de la Maguana, had twins at the local hospital, and was told that one had died. However, my own investigation resulted in the unmistakable probability that both twins survived birth. A body was never produced. My cousin has not yet come to terms with her loss, her instinct tells her that the child is still alive....

I recommend the OP to read the following article...

Stealing Babies for Adoption

-

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Mirador said:
Not necessarily, it's just that a distant cousin of mine, Nereida Romero, from the hamlet of Card?n, south of San Juan de la Maguana, had twins at the local hospital, and was told that one had died. However, my own investigation resulted in the unmistakable probability that both twins survived birth. A body was never produced. My cousin has not yet come to terms with her loss, her instinct tells her that the child is still alive....

-

This is why the Canadian government will not allow adoptions from several countries, Guatamila being one.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
huh?

bob saunders said:
This is why the Canadian government will not allow adoptions from several countries, Guatamila being one.

Bob--I wonder if you might be able to expand a litlte on your posting. What exactly do you mean by Guatamala "being one of them"?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Mirador said:

-

Wow! Now I understand better.

mlmidrovo

Mar 12, 2006
Oh thank you for your reply and right now any help I can get I will appreciate its more then I have right now I will take any contact you have thank you
Marta

mlmidrovo

Mar 12, 2006
Thank you for that reply and just to let you know I am heart broken because I can not have a child I am 44 years of age and I am devastated and am looking to help out a person that sometimes need help as i do thank you for your response.
Marta

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Mirador said:
The OP should be told that DR culture is child-oriented, not childless person oriented. This means that the needs of a child are paramount, and the child?s needs are defined in terms of parenting, which entails much more than just the capacity to feed, clothe, or attend immediate physical needs. -
Yet Dominican society shuns and hides imperfect children, Visit any of the orpanages where the physically or mentally challenged are warehoused. Conditions would be much worse if not for the NGOs. Anybody who wants to see these conditions has simply tp walk across the highway from the luxury of Playa Dorada to seee life in a Dominican orphanage.

yansser

Dec 14, 2004
can someone tell me how to contact the orphanage in puerto plata?. I am a school counselor in Hawaii. My family and I will be in Puerto Plata in august and I would like to do some volunteer work. We are dominicans but we do not have any contacts in Puerto Plata. thank in advance

mlmidrovo

Mar 12, 2006
macocael said:
Marta, I will enquire but I cannot promise anything. Adoption is difficult here, though there are adoptable children. I have rarely heard of any success stories, though.

Thank you very much for your help