Headed to Black Beards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris Boog

Mar 12, 2006
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Kris. I am a 30-year-old man living in Harlem NYC.
My two male friends and I will be taking our first trip to the Dominican Republic on Memorial Day weekend this year. I have searched the various threads and found little bits of information, but much of it is outdated. My friends and I are coming to DR for the reason that most men go to DR, the ladies.

We are presently planning to stay at Black Beards, because we believe that they have exactly what we are looking for. We also plan to rent a car, so that we can get around to the clubs and such.

Is there a better place to stay?
Is Black Beards close to the bars and clubs in Cabarete?
How far is Black Beards from the center of Cabarete?
How is the quality of the women in Black Beards?
Are there any good strip clubs in Cabarete?
Are there any good regular clubs in Cabarete?
How far is Black Beards from Sosua? distance/time?
For our trip we plan to party, and enjoy time with the beautiful women of DR, should we stay at Black Beards or should we be in Sosua?

I am sure that DR is a beautiful country and I plan to enjoy a little bit of it, but honestly, we are looking to enjoy the beautiful ladies this time. Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

K

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Blackbeards is on the edge of Puerto Plata. If you head down East, you get to Sosua. If you head a little further East, you get to Cabarete. (It feels like one is travelling South...)

Blackbeards is probably just a tad less than an hour's drive from the center of Cabarete, after you go through Sosua. It is not a good road for Newby's 'all likkered up' to travel at night. It may be a good idea to sleep in Cabarete for a night, if you wanted to spend some time there. I would not call the Cabarete party places 'clubs'. If you are on the beach at around 11pm, the party places will show themselves - the beach is a party place.

Sosua is a little different and there are definite party places. The X club I believe is one of them but I'm not a Sosua fundi... the crowd there can pipe up and tell you.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
My advice to you

Kris,

I would advise staying in Sosua, maybe Rocky's, why?? Because they speak english and could advise you on you Hooker Chasing endeavors, like the do's and don'ts and what to watch out for being a newbie. I never stayed in Blackbeards but I've seen similar situations with Hotels having local putas on their property overcharging tourists.
Do you speaki spanish??

I wouldn't advise renting a car, because this is your first time here and don't know the roads, and travelling around at night drunk is very unsafe, you could walk around in Sosua and conchos are cheap.

Kris Boog

Mar 12, 2006
Thanks for the feedback.

1. None of us speak spanish, so I image that will be a slight disadvantage.
2. However, I don't drink so drinking and driving wouldn't be a problem, and I drive in Jamaica all the time...I am not sure how driving in DR compares.
3. I thought that Black Beards was right outside of Cabarete, so are you telling me that if we stay at Black Beards, the closest party spot with a lot of women will be an hour away?

Kristian

Is there a better place to stay? There are many better places to stay, I would suggest Europa hotel in Sosua.
Is Black Beards close to the bars and clubs in Cabarete? No, To get to Caberette you need to go thru Puerto Plata then on past the airport then past Sosua then to Cabarette. about 1/2 hour to 45 mins at night over an hour in the day.
How far is Black Beards from the center of Cabarete?See previous question
How is the quality of the women in Black Beards?If you like overpriced over the hill hoes then this is the place for you
Are there any good strip clubs in Cabarete?Who needs strip clubs in DR???? Just goto Sosua and you will be ok
Are there any good regular clubs in Cabarete?there are many good bars in Cabarette,Sosua and Puerto Plata.
How far is Black Beards from Sosua? distance/time? about 25-30 miles
For our trip we plan to party, and enjoy time with the beautiful women of DR, should we stay at Black Beards or should we be in Sosua? Sosua hands down

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
Kris,

I wouldn't advise renting a car, because this is your first time here and don't know the roads, and travelling around at night drunk is very unsafe, you could walk around in Sosua and conchos are cheap.

Stay in Sosua and you won't need a car. A moto concho is a motor bike where the driver will drive you anywhere in town for 20 pesos (about 65 cents), at night expect to pay double.

Actually you can walk anywhere you need to go in 15 minutes or less.

Kris Boog

Mar 12, 2006
Being that we are arriving in Santiago, what is the approximate cost of transport from Santiago to Sosua? My thinking is that by the time we add up the cost of traveling both ways, we would be better off renting a car. That way we will be able to get around as we choose, in addition to transport to and from the airport.

Based on the feedback I have received so far, we are considering staying at Black Beards, for our 1st night (Thursday) and then staying in Sosua for the remainder of the trip (Friday through Sunday). How does that sound?

I did not realize that Black Beards was so far from where everything is popping.

Kris

Kris Boog said:
Being that we are arriving in Santiago, what is the approximate cost of transport from Santiago to Sosua? My thinking is that by the time we add up the cost of traveling both ways, we would be better off renting a car. That way we will be able to get around as we choose, in addition to transport to and from the airport.

Based on the feedback I have received so far, we are considering staying at Black Beards, for our 1st night (Thursday) and then staying in Sosua for the remainder of the trip (Friday through Sunday). How does that sound?

I did not realize that Black Beards was so far from where everything is popping.

Kris

Take a Cab directly to Sosua and forget about Blackbeards or go there for a day trip so that you can tell me how right i was. A taxi from Airport to Sosua is about 60-80 bucks depending on driver and negotiating skills.Check the forums I believe Hillbilly has a reputable taxi he refers people to.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
badpiece33 said:
Take a Cab directly to Sosua and forget about Blackbeards

I repeat "Forget about BlackBeards". I repeat "Forget about renting a car".

My first trip into STI Hillbilly gave me the email of JJ the driver and his wife Rocio who answers the emails and does the scheduling. YOU DO NOT want to drive thru the mountains on your first trip to the DR.

JJ speaks english and will make your ride to Sosua a sightseeing trip instead of just transportation. His rates may be a few dollars more than a driver at the airport but it is well worth it. As soon as you walk out of the airport JJ is their with your name on a sign. No hassle looking for the taxi stand and speaking spanglish to find out the cost.

When your dates are confirmed email JJ and Rocio at

palomalinda0890@hotmail.com

You won't regret it. I believe at lot of members at DR1 use their service and I have never read a complaint.

Again, forget about BlackBeards and renting a car.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Kris Boog said:
My thinking is that by the time we add up the cost of traveling both ways, we would be better off renting a car.

Food for thought, did you find a hotel that is chica friendly and has onsite parking? Your rental gets damaged or stolen you would have wished you never came to the DR.

Getting around Sosua, walk or moto concho. That is how 99% of the people do it!

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Your presence in "Blackbeards" will demonstrate your tolerance for the pimps, the sex trade and all its' problems, including the numerous diseases the prostitutes may have to offer, or those which you may be giving them.
Enjoy your vacation (elsewhere). Canadian Bob.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
canadian bob said:
Your presence in "Blackbeards" will demonstrate your tolerance for the pimps, the sex trade and all its' problems, including the numerous diseases the prostitutes may have to offer, or those which you may be giving them.
Enjoy your vacation (elsewhere). Canadian Bob.

Oh NO, I thought he worked for Prostitution Reform and was going to do a documentary!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
That was a good one!

Perhaps Canadian Bob should be renamed Padre with such high morals!

Silicon Surfer

Mar 16, 2006
Black Beard's is fine

Kris,

Black Beards is fine for a 1st timer. YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME! I have been to DR quite a few time and I am also from NY. Driving from Santiago I the equivalent of driving from NYC to Brewster or Fishkill. There is one main road from Santiago to Costambar so you can't get lost. I rented a car on my first trip and didn't have a problem. From Black Beards to Sosua is the equivalent of driving from NYC to Mt. Vernon or New Rochelle. Not bad. Personally, there is too much going on in Sosua for me to stay there. But each to his own. As you know living in NY, you don't have to stay amongst the wolves to play with the wolves! My first time there I was adventurous and went to Santo Domingo, Boca Chica, and Santiago while there. I flew into Santiago and just drove where ever I wanted to go. The biggest problem is the pot holes. Some of them are a foot deep! I would recommend Black Beard's just because you will have a little sanity and security. With the car, you can do what ever the hell you want. But if you just want to relax and chill, everything you need is there. Believe me, it's a great place to start. Once you have a few trips under you belt you can do like I do and rent a beach house. I usually rent a 8 bedroom beach house to $1200 for 7 days. You split that between 8-10 guys for 7 days, it aint ****. Beach houses like this usually comes with a maid, a guard and a groups keeper. Something to consider for a longer trip. I am heading down next week and will check out Black Beards for you to see if it's still poppin'. Get at me if you need more info.

art27207

Mar 18, 2006
Blackbeards is fine been there several times. There are some beautiful chicas there. Staff is friendly and helpful. If you are worried about driving take a cab to BB and from there you can rent a car no problem. Just got back from Cabarete and there are several great places to go on the main road. Went to Sosua and it is a big party.. BB is a big party too, all of what you make it...Personally would not stay anywhere else..It can be as wild or as tame as you want..

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Or, stay at " Field Of Dreams" and have Billy take you on a tour of ALL the clubs, etc. and then PARTY!
Droopy draws and boom box will blow myou up. Just bring your MACK game, player. John

Status
Not open for further replies.