flight from toronto to santo domingo

JoeJoe

Mar 6, 2006
I was wondering if anybody has information of how to get the cheapest flight. Also I am going from Sept. 10th to Jan. 20th so would it be best to get a one way ticket then purchase the other ticket afterwards in the Dominican or would a round trip be best?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Roundtrip usually works out cheaper but call Air Canada and see what they can offer you for this duration (eg open ticket etc).

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
YYZ to SDQ or LRM !!!

It will take a great deal of patience, but you can do it.

If you are flexible you can find selloffs, (www.selloffvacations.com) but you must sit down and search every day. For example you can go to La Romana air only this week for 209.00 +tax, there were tickets yesterday to Pto. Pta, for 189.00+ tax. My husband bought a ticket once for 99.00+ tax CDN$

In my experience the time frame you want to GO is great for cheap flights,, there is no much activity as the kids just went back to school a week before your scheduled date. I have gone to LRM and drove to SD and saved over 300 CDN$. You can always buy two tickets,,,again if you are flexible,,,use the return portion to come back.

You can drive to Buffalo and flight with AA to San Juan connecting with American Eagle and also save,,,that is a bit more complicated,,, long, long, long time to get to the DR,,, but it all depends on your budget and the kind of sacrifices you are willing to make in order to save.

I was in the DR for 8 months in 2003 and I bought 1 year ticket with Continental for under 900.00 CDN$. Either way,,, you have to do some homework.

CB

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
one way ticket

I don't think you can buy a one way ticket from air canada or any other canadian airline.

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Yes you can!!!

You can buy one way ticket to the DR or to Canada. AC has a section on line where you select one way or round trip.

It is up to you, not the airline to prove you can travel with one way ticket to where you are going. The airline will sell you anything you want, but usually a return ticket full fare is about 200 bucks more than a one way ticket so it is not worth it to buy one on AC.

The cheapest way would be to purchase two discounted tickets and just use the portion need it.

CB