What if Japan finally wins on their 3rd try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray81

Mar 17, 2006
Would it be right for them to brag and boast alongside their arrogant (and racist) jaw-flapping Ichiro? Because Korea has beaten them twice already. Korea is still undefeated in the WBC. It just wouldn't seem right if Korea happens to lose to Japan this Saturday and is eliminated that easily, considering how consistently well they've been playing so far.

What makes it worse is that it's team Japan. Ichiro (and company) have come into the WBC mouthing off about how they're the best baseball team in the far east, and Korea has put a sock in Ichiro's mouth not once, but TWICE. (and even before the WBC, Korea has never lost to Japan in international competition since the 1990's.)

It's bothersome knowing that after being shut up twice by the better Korean team, Japan still has a chance to win only one game out of three, and claim themselves as the better team just because they advance to the Finals, and then ultimately continue their bragging and boasting from where they left off. Korea beats Japan twice, but Japan only needs to beat Korea once(at the right time) to advance to the Finals. Just doesn't sit right with me. And who was it from Japan that said, "In the third game the truth will be revealed." Might've been the president of the Japanese baseball organization but I don't remember exactly. But what nerve he must have to say such a shallow statement? If Japan finally beats Korea on their 3rd try, and start talking garbage about "the truth being revealed"(that they're better than Team Korea), then they will totally be swimming in their own pool of s**t and loving it. And that's sad.

I think the way this whole tournament is set up is just kinda weird.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
First of all, welcome to DR1. :D

I agree with you. I find it weird that Korea (6-0) has to play Japan (3-3)again! There has been a lot of media tension between Korea and Japan.

I think the WBC would be much more fun if Korea played Cuba and Japan played the Dominican Republic. Then the winners from each game can meet in the finals.

I really hope that Korea beats Japan again and send Ichiro back to the Mariner's Spring Training camp. He's an idiot with a big mouth.

ray81

Mar 17, 2006
Potato_Salad said:

I think the WBC would be much more fun if Korea played Cuba and Japan played the Dominican Republic. Then the winners from each game can meet in the finals.

I really hope that Korea beats Japan again and send Ichiro back to the Mariner's Spring Training camp. He's an idiot with a big mouth.

Couldn't agree with you more!

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Potato_Salad said:

I agree with you. I find it weird that Korea (6-0) has to play Japan (3-3)again! There has been a lot of media tension between Korea and Japan.

Very true. They really have to change the format the next time. In other sports it's usually that the winner of pool A plays the runner-up of pool B, etc. so you don't play the same team all the time. Korea has been great, and it would not feel right if after beating Japan twice, Japan would still play the big final if they beat them now. I hope this doesn't happen and Korea wins. The same could have applied to the DR and Venezuela if not Cuba but Venezuela had progressed. And apart from that, it's just more fun to see your team play (and win) against different opponents.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Potato_Salad said:

i agree to. Since this is the 1st world baseb classic is ok but not completely.
They should have organized the tournament such that Winner group A plays 2nd place of group B, winner group B vs 2nd of group A. It's dumb that teams are playing each other in 1st round and again in 2nd round and then again in semis... it's just dumb.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
THE GAME said:
i agree to. Since this is the 1st world baseb classic is ok but not completely.
They should have organized the tournament such that Winner group A plays 2nd place of group B, winner group B vs 2nd of group A. It's dumb that teams are playing each other in 1st round and again in 2nd round and then again in semis... it's just dumb.

That's what I thought would happen, but the theory is to have the best out of the 2 play against each other, if they have the winner group a play against winner group b and 2nd place group A against 2nd place group B, then you would have "in theory" a not so good team play against the best in the finals, basically, they are choosing the best of each group to play against each other.

I agree about Korea and Japan, it's not fair to Korea if they lose against Japan to lose their chance to the title, they've earned it twofold.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
The Korean media is upset about this playoff format. But the Japanese media seems happy with it.

So Korea plays Japan for the third time. :tired:

I wish Korea would rather play Cuba or the Dominican Republic. I want to see Ortiz or Pujols bat against Suh Jae Woong or Koo Dae Sung.

Oh well. Good luck to ONLY the Dominican Republic, Cuba, and Korea!!! :D

Chixie

Mar 18, 2006
Well, I don't want Japan to lose all that badly (though I'm cheering for Korea). I want both teams to play well and see who comes out on top. Which, honestly, gives Japan the edge but I don't want them to be punished for the words of one loudmouth on their team. I kinda like Watanabe and Nishioka, and Sadaharu Oh has been gracious throughout.

It would certainly be a shame for Korea to get booted out now, after everything, but what's done is done and everything's worked out the way it was supposed to. Japan deserved to move onto the semifinals after they got gypped in the Japan vs. US game, and Mexico deserved to win over the US after that recall on the homer that hit the foulpole.

I am worried about Korea's offense not being good enough. They need to work on a stronger offense. Still, I have faith that they might be able to pull through a third time. I hope to see another Lee Seung-Yeop homer ;) If Korea loses, I still don't think Japan will be able to say without contest that they are the best in the East; if Korea wins...wow! :bunny: Any fair spectator of the games between the two should conclude that they are very well-matched. If Hideki Matsui had been playing for Japan, I imagine they would have been much more powerful.

And yes, more cross-playing between the two pools would have been better. I have no idea why they set it up like this. Maybe something to do with travelling/stadium arrangements?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
A Japanese runner is on 2nd base.

No outs.

A pitching change for Korea.

Byung Hyun Kim will be the new pitcher.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Japan 5
Korea 0

7th inning.

This game is over. I'm turning off my TV.

Good night everyone.

Buenes noches.

Status
Not open for further replies.