month long lodging in Zona Colonial in SD???

vouvoune

Mar 17, 2006
I am French teacher looking to learn Spanish and decided to head to the DR in June.
I found this school (hispaniola.org) which seemed (trough reviews I saw) good and reasonably priced. They are located in Zone Colonial in Santo Domingo. The big problem is that the fees that they show on their website for lodging and what they REALLY ask you is so different. Their website says $400 for 4 weeks in a 3 stars hotel but when it was time to pay they wanted $2200 on top of tuition...I am freaking out because I already booked my flight according to the school's starting date for their June session and my husband booked his to come and visit me there for about a week...
I was wondering if anyone knew of a hotel or furnished apartment that could be rented for a month in that area?
Any tip would help!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Try this one

vouvoune said:
I am French teacher looking to learn Spanish and decided to head to the DR in June.
I found this school (hispaniola.org) which seemed (trough reviews I saw) good and reasonably priced. They are located in Zone Colonial in Santo Domingo. The big problem is that the fees that they show on their website for lodging and what they REALLY ask you is so different. Their website says $400 for 4 weeks in a 3 stars hotel but when it was time to pay they wanted $2200 on top of tuition...I am freaking out because I already booked my flight according to the school's starting date for their June session and my husband booked his to come and visit me there for about a week...
I was wondering if anyone knew of a hotel or furnished apartment that could be rented for a month in that area?
Any tip would help!

Apart-Hotel www.condo-parque.ch.vu/ Web site is in German/English (just click the flag), call and the owner speaks English/French/German/Italian also

Last edited:

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have never stayed at Condo Parque but they have free wifi in their downstairs bar/cafe and the place looks decent. I am not sure what their monthly rates are? I'd be curious as it looks like a decent place.

A bit further from the zona are 4 hotels on calle danae in gazcue. I know they all do monthly rentals as well as nightly. They do not have kitchens in the rooms but at least Hotel Danae and Hotel residencia have common area kitchen facilities which may do in a pinch. Also on calle danae are Hotel Mona Lisa and Hotel Gran Mansion. I have not stayed at either of those so do not know the rates or kitchen availability etc.

Hotel Danae has monthly rates starting at about 14000- 15000 pesos and up and Hotel residencia has rooms at similar rates. I know 2 guys paying 17,000 pesos each at hotel residencia.

How much had you budgeted for accomodations? 400 for 4 weeks at a 3 star hotel is not even in the ballpark. If it was 400 per week. . . .. you'd be getting warmer.

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
I'm sorry...

I'm sorry that you are having trouble finding a place to stay in the Zona Colonial, but you misread the rates on the table provided by the school that you want to attend. $400 is the supplementary amount you will have to pay if you want a single room. Hotels always charge an extra amount if you are alone in a room. They are charging $1809.00 for a double room, but if you want a single they add $400 more for a total of $2209.00 a month. :ermm:
If I find something in your price range, I will post it here. Good luck!