In search of employment in the Bavaro area ASAP

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I am very interested in moving down to the Bavaro area as soon as possible and would like to know if anyone has any links to employment that involves group travel or admin work at hotels.

I currently work for a Tour Operator in Canada and would like to utilize my skills and knowledge. I am fluent in English and can get by with the Spanish language.

I have been to the Bavaro area many times in the last 6 months so I know my way around.

Any help will do or any employment websites I can check out will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help;)

EncoreFun

Dec 23, 2005
Idea

If you are fluent in Spanish you should be able to get a job. If you work for a tour rep now- why not ask them to point you in the right direction.

FYI- a tour rep for Sunquest Vacations in Bavaro earns about 18,000 US a year. This is one of the higher paid salaries in the DR.

And I forgot to mention- if you can sell , and you are relatively young, enthusiastic, and have high energy, you can get a job working for a number of companies that sell excursions. During high season some of these kids earn $200 to $300 dollars a day.
A top seller during high season can earn between $1,500 to $2000 a week. However this all happens over a 4 to 6 month period of time. It's not glamorous work and you have to hustle. It's very important to be able to speak Spanish as well. Many of these jobs can be obtained without a residence card.

Last edited:

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
EncoreFun,

Thanks for the idea.

I already went through my company and they are not hiring at the moment.

I do have friends that work at Sunquest, Sunwing and other tour operators but they're not hiring at the moment.

I was wondering if anyone else has jobs links at hotels/resorts.

Thanks anyway!