Cabrera, Rio San Juan area??

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

apostropheman

Cabrera, Rio San Juan area?? Bahia Blanca phone #?

i've search this site, and googled, etc...but haven't found the info i'm hoping for.

i'm thinking of heading to Playa Grande, or one of the beautiful beaches in that area, for a day or 2. i'd like a recommendation for a nice, smaller, hotel under say $60 a night. it does not have to be too fancy but perhaps a nice boutique hotel if there is such a thing in the area. i'm not sure if i'll be driving (that would be a first in the DR for me) or using the bus or guagua/carro publico if that influences the info.

perhaps someone here knows of what i'm looking for. think Tropix in Sosua for example...perhaps not "that" nice but not a 300 peso a night place either:rolleyes:

thanks

p.s. i've read about Catalina inn but their webite is down and the golden dolphin is way over-the-top for my wishes

Last edited:
A

apostropheman

if anyone has any other recommendations instead of this area i'm open to them. the idea is to get away from Sosua for a couple of days and relax. neither i nor my guest require or even want anything too fancy. perhaps my example of the Tropix is setting the bar too high. i just want to get away and try something/some where different. it doesn't have to be in this area although a beach is probably preferred.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Hotel Bahia Blanca

literally overhanging the ocean on the bay in Rio San Juan. The facility itself has "seen better days", but the rooms are clean, The price is right at RD850/night, the ambiance is friendly, and the view is priceless. Also a nice little restaurant on site with the same wonderful view. Nice little beach 100 yards away, and you are 5k from Playa grande. I've stayed there 7 or 8 times, and will return again. Never needed a reservation, but the phone # is 809-589-2562.

Do a search of Bahia Blanca, and you'll see that there are multiple reviews, and most seem to agree with my assessment.

A

apostropheman

this is it!!!

:cheeky:
sweetdbt said:
literally overhanging the ocean on the bay in Rio San Juan. The facility itself has "seen better days", but the rooms are clean, The price is right at RD850/night, the ambiance is friendly, and the view is priceless. Also a nice little restaurant on site with the same wonderful view. I've stayed there 7 or 8 times, and will return again. Never needed a reservation, but the phone # is 809-589-2562.

Do a search of Bahia Blanca, and you'll see that there are multiple reviews, and most seem to agree with my assessment.
thank you, this seems like what i'm after. much appriciated:bunny::D

infact this is the place i was looking for...if i do get there i'll update the info.

many thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.