La Romana Dive,Hotel,fun...Help

enerjay2006

Mar 19, 2006
Hi, everyone. Really like the dr1.com seems very open. I am looking for acomidations in La Romana, for 2 weeks in July. Looking to scuba and see the land, it will be my first trip to DR. I don't want to spend all my money on a high price hotel, can you lead me in the right direction for a place to stay. Also I have read that baseball is all over the Island so I was planning on bringing some with me for the kids is this also a good idea. Thanks for your time, keep the good work on this site.
Enerjay2006

enerjay2006

Mar 19, 2006
Me Again

Sorry, I left a few things out, No kids No wife No girl freind just myself and a Great dive Camera, and the Ocean..LOL..Also I can find the High Dollar resorts easy enough, However I never spend much time in the room, unless I'm sleeping, not looking for sex, just looking to spend money on fun,not hotel.
Thanks again for you time
Enerjay2006

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There are many small non- all inclusive hotels in Bayahibe town. Check them out, one by one, until you find one that is good enough for you. Overall, the Bayahibe area is a good one for diving.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
theres hotel olympio and hotel fran right next door that are decent hotels for cheap. They are on the main drag in La Romana. Bayahibe is about a 1/2 hr drive from the hotel. then there is Catilina i think is how its spelled, that is a private island you can do scuba. We did last year but went on our own little motor boat. Don't know where you would go to catch a ride over there but im sure you can somewhere. Watch out for the agua vivo tho...stung the crap out of my back when i was snorkeling boy that didn't feel too good!!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Better to stay in Bayahibe, La Romana is too far away from the snorkeling. In Bayahibe you can catch a boat to Catalina, Saona, or even the sunken ships and diving areas off Dominicus beach area. Also visit the Dominicus/Laguna Blue Flag beach with public access between Dominicus Palace and Iberostar Hacienda hotels.

enerjay2006

Mar 19, 2006
keep it comeing

WOW, These are great ideas, and Bayhaibie is were I would like to find myself. I have read the diving in this area is the best around. Also I have found that renting a suv for travel is not a great idea becouse of YOU crazy Dominican drivers, LOL is this as true as I have been reading, Id like to hit some of the other areas in the Dominican Republic. Does anyone have a contact number for these hotels, also I am trying to leard spanish, we will see how that goes. I have Aquwa down so far.LOL:tired:
Thanks again everyone for all the help
Enerjay2006

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you really want to see the country, driving is highly recommended. Just be sure to not leave anything that you value inside the car, to purchase the extra insurance or have extra insurance on your credit card, and to not drive at night. You might want to check out Boca de Yuma, also that is further east, but before you get to the Punta Cana area.

Reservations will not be necessary if you are traveling mid week as most non all inclusive hotels cater to the locals and independent travelers and you should find a place to stay. Like that you can check them out and decide. Go traveling day by day.

enerjay2006

Mar 19, 2006
Dolores,audboogie.
Thanks for the help, if travel is this hard maybe staying of the road and flying to different areas is the way to go until I am traveling with a group.
Are their any Habanas in the Bayahibe are. Looks like I will have to put off till July. Will or should I expect alot of rain, its not an issue if they will still take me out diving, but on days when they will not. well you understand.
thanks again
enerjay2006

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Villa Iguana in Bayahibe is the place that I've espyed as the one with the most things that I'm looking for. They cater a lot to Europeans, not just locals and you may have to make a reservation. They have a number of options for rooms too: a great penthouse with private pool and air conditioning to a suite with kitchen facililties to a room with a fan! The owners are also knowledgeable about the dive operations in the area, being past owners of one. Check them out at http://www.villaiguana.de/e_iguana.htm

Don't know if it's what you're looking for though...

Kaki

enerjay2006

Mar 19, 2006
kaki..that is it Thanks

Well thanks kaki.
That will do just fine for a guy like me. I don't mind a big resort, however I have learned when I travle alone travel cheap. The place looks great and a good price as well. As for the eurapion in me well, I could pass for german, 6' blond hair blue eyes. But as luck would have it I am an AMERICAN MAN..LOL
Looking to get this dive going in July. I did not you said you were a dive shop owner. Please feel free to tell me more about the diving, I pivked Bayhibe just for this reason.
Thanks Jay

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Sorry buddy! Didn't mean to mislead!

My sentence: "The owners are also knowledgeable about the dive operations in the area, being past owners of one." relates to the owners of the Villa, not me! I am not the one for any good dive info as an avid rookie snorkeler and that's all. However, I do have a couple of maps of the divesites in the area. Can give you a little overview of what you can choose from. Send me a PM with your e-mail address if you're interested!

Kaki

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
I am in the same situation and all the internet sites are builded to sell the all inclusive hotels. I did'nt find any informations for a small guesthouse or a small hotel with low fares. I don't know what to do to find them before september. Still hoping!

missp

May 19, 2006
Hi guys, im also looking to find some cheap accomodation in the La Romana area - preferably an apartment or similar with kitchen facilities as will be staying a while once im over in September. Ive searched the internet for cheaper hotels etc also and like you have only managed to bring up the expensive all-inclusive types which isnt what im after.

Anybody local to La Romana can suggest any names / addresses / phone numbers and/or prices?

MissP x