Good service at Las Americas

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
On several occasions, since the taxi fare at the Las Americas Airport went up to RD$900, whenever I have a trip abroad for a week or less, I have been parking my vehicle at the airport. Works out for half the price of a taxi.

Last week, for some reason, left the lights on in the car and when turning on the car to leave upon my return found the battery dead.

Well, was able to resolve it in less than half an hour. Spoke to an AMET policeman telling him about my problem and asking who to contact and he directed me to the person who drives the tow truck at the airport. He first recommended I ask a taxi driver to help recharge the battery, explaining would cost me RD$100-RD$200. Problem was that my car was parked too far away. So that option died. Then he called his supervisors who told him to take the golf car that would serve the purpose. His truck was too powerful to recharge my battery. The golf car did it. On the plus side, I did have my charging wires. And in less than half an hour I was driving home. And he did something very strange. He refused to take the RD$100 tip. His name is German, a rare person who still understands the meaning of service to its fullest. He just said it was his job.