Best Discos in Santo Domingo

boricuaonline

Jun 1, 2003
Hello everybody. I am going to be in Santo Domingo in 3 weeks, April 7 to 12, and wants to know which ones are the best discos in the city. I have heard on Ave. Venezuela discos, please advice.

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
Zona Colonial has some good clubs. Ave Abraham Lincon has Loft and some other ones. Look in Bonche.com to see some of the activities in various places.

Btw are you in PR ?

Luck, E.

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
boricuaonline said:
I listen any kind of music, merengue salsa, bachata, reggaeton, pop,rock.

The better question is--what type of atmosophere do you like? For a more pretentious/exclusionist type of environment go to ave lincoln/churchill. A little more laid back, are clubs found in Zona Colonial. Avenida Venezuela is the least pretentious and most relaxed of all three areas.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Ave. Venezuela :)

I like the clubs on Ave. Venezuela. Friendly atmosphere, good music, cheap beer, they're easier to get to from Boca Chica, and the surrounding area is very lively.

-Helpmann :)

Chica_Canada

Oct 27, 2005
I was their in December and I went to every club in Santo Domingo, My favourite Club was Makumba on Ave.Venezuela, the music is the best, the beer is cheap, the people are nice, and its really fun, also its open till 6 am everyday of the week. Amongst the other clubs, No-where in the Zona Colonia was pretty good, and another Fun club is Guicara Taina, its a club in a cave at the end of the Malecon and its a little pricey but worth it because its unique and fun. Monte Cristo is a nice place but the people are snobby and the drinks are expensive, the music was boring to. Go to MAKUMBA !!!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
La Base and El Terminal en la Avenida Espa?a. Open atmosphere and great music. Good specially on Sunday afternoons!

Last edited:

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
Chica_Canada said:
I was their in December and I went to every club in Santo Domingo, My favourite Club was Makumba on Ave.Venezuela, the music is the best, the beer is cheap, the people are nice, and its really fun, also its open till 6 am everyday of the week. Amongst the other clubs, No-where in the Zona Colonia was pretty good, and another Fun club is Guicara Taina, its a club in a cave at the end of the Malecon and its a little pricey but worth it because its unique and fun. Monte Cristo is a nice place but the people are snobby and the drinks are expensive, the music was boring to. Go to MAKUMBA !!!

Where is Monte Cristo. Guicara Taina is just so-so. Every now and then Zona Colonial is ohk. Yes, Avenida Venezuela is best. Is Club Makumba the one with the Egyptian on top?

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I went to Praia and Red Room (this one they play lots of techno which I like a lot)..

I'm curious about Makumba.. What kind of music they play ?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
boricuaonline said:
I am going to try Macumba. What about Eclipse?
Eclipse on Ave. Venezuela, is a bit more pretentious than the other clubs in Santo Domingo Este. They do not play when it comes to the type of clothing allowed at the door. I wouldn't do anything on San Vicente de Paul Avenue, too much drama around there. To this day I can only recall going to one place on that strip, too loud and cold for me, I lost interest and the chicks were uglyyy :eek:gre: just like that ogre smiley :D............

Praia is alright, too many people with snobbish attitudes there, something like Drinks2Go or even Coma Ki on Churchill Ave are good.

duperdav1

Feb 14, 2007
look for best salsa and bachata discos in D.R.

Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend and i leaving soon to D.R. first time ever!! We are both salsaholics and LOVE bachata. We are trying to find out where the best dancers are and the best places to dance. Any suggestions?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Do they play Latin/middle eastern music mix in some place? This is my favorite combination:)

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A

Are you sure they're open till 6am?

Porthos

May 13, 2004
Hey! I gotta say, Im surprised with what Im reading here. I dont want to sound pretensious but, come on! La zona oriental (ave. Venezuela and surroindings)??? I hear they check you on the door for weapons, and if you dont have one, they'll hand you one, jajaja. No, seriously. I wouldnt dare to go to Makumba and those places. The only place I've been there was Eclipse, which is so so, but they wont let you smoke inside. I would say that we dont have good discos anymore on the capital city. Just a couple of options in between Loft (which BTW is on Ave Tiradentes, not Lincoln) a very expensive and snob place, and Guacara Taina, a very tourist friendly place from my point of view. Beware of any place with lots of scooters (pazolas) on the outside, they almost always mean trouble. The Zona colonial is ok, many options, but most of them are kind of underground places. Anyway, expect to listen to lots of techno, merengue, salsa and maybe some reggaeton on the more upscale places. If your think is bachata and stuff, you wont find it unless you go to the lower class places.