DR visit

Gelin

Mar 21, 2006
I will be in the DR in May,BC, SD area. Wonder if there is any one to show me around. I am a young male with poor Spanish. Feel free to email.
gelin

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
What hotels are you staying at in BC and SD? You should consider tour guides sponsored by the Hotel, so you can see all La Capital have to offer. Start by researching and reading the threads on DR1.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
No offense but you have never posted, or met with anyone on DR1, and you want someone to show you around? Who could trust you? And why would you trust anyone else? There are some really good people on this site but there are a couple of a$$holes too. Take your time check out the site and you will learn alot about the DR. Welcome and don't be shy about posting.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Gelin said:
I will be in the DR in May,BC, SD area. Wonder if there is any one to show me around. I am a young male with poor Spanish. Feel free to email.
gelin

buy me a ticket and i'll be happy to show ya around!! :cool:

for real...if its your first trip there...its going to be hard to find someone just off the cuff to show you around. WHat hotels are you staying at in SD or BC. Rather than doing a whole group tour...perhaps where you are staying can recommend someone to give you a more personalized guide. Gotta be carefull tho...there are pleanty of cons who will want to rip off a naive tourist.

HOw long are you staying? if you are staying for a bit....you should just chill and check things out on your own until you get a feel for things. If you are starting off in S.D. dont wear shorts or other touristy things if you want to sorta blend in.

As others have pointed out...search this site for more advise and tips...there is a ton of info here. Also purchase a copy of Rough Guide.