Flying into Santiago this Saturday and leaving next Thursday.....

omesk

Mar 20, 2006
...looking for help in all plans in between. We are landing at the airport at 3pm on Saturday and leaving at 4pm the following Thursday.

Some background is as follows. 2 guys coming down for some rest, relaxation, and fun. I lived in SD for a while, but this is my friend's first time there. I've visited the north coast a couple of times, but thats about it.

Our plan thus far is as follows: 1st night in Santiago, 2nd and 3rd night in Puerto Plata (likely an AI resort), 3rd and 4th night in Sosua, but this is completely flexible because all I have confirmed thus far is the plane ticket into Santiago.

So I will open it up to all the good people on this message board to live vicariously through us and suggest a vacation plan. We're not on a tight budget, but would like to keep costs low enough and still have a good time. I encourage you to be as specific as you please.

Looking for advice in transportation (car rental vs taxis), accomodations, nightlife, food, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. I promise to update with a trip report when we return.

omesk

Mar 20, 2006
The girls will be in the equation, but I can find enough info about that with a simple search here.

The other stuff is tougher. C'mon people, what are some unique things to do or places to visit on or near the north coast? Where is THE place to be in Santiago on a Saturday night these days?

Thanks again.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
bigbird said:
Try a simple search.
hahaha, you guys are rough on newbies.

To answer the OP, what are you looking for on Saturday night, Discos, Whores, Semi-Whores, Barrio Chicks, High Class Chicks?? Indoor or Outdoor?

omesk

Mar 20, 2006
Whores, Semi-Whores, Barrio Chicks, High Class Chicks?? Indoor or Outdoor?

I like your classification system. Based on your categories, I would say a disco/bar with barrio chicks in Santiago.

Sep 19, 2005
oh too bad .. you just missed the big block party in the streets in LiCey last week....would have been a thrill of a lifetime.

it may be the easy way out...but there are at least two strip clubs in santiago. And while working girls WORK there, you would not believe the number of single girls, solo, and in packs of up to 6 or 7 that go there without dates. I have been to other discos, and it just doesnt seem like as many sinmgle girls go to them as those strip clbs. I figure the girls know the place will be loaded with single guys and they go to try and meet them. The place is just like a regular disco in that the DJ plays music and everyone gets up and dances, with the exception of once in a while when they showcase a girl dancing solo that works at the club.

It seemed to me that the regular clubs I went to with my GF were full of couples, with a few tables with a couple and an odd girl or two at the same table.....

hey just use this as a piece of the possible puzzle

good luck

I suggest you just go downtown in the late afternnon and walk through all the stores and shops...you will see a TON of women single or in groups shopping.....have at it.....you can find someone to talk to and hook up BEFORE the evening rolls around

bob

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
omesk said:
I like your classification system. Based on your categories, I would say a disco/bar with barrio chicks in Santiago.
Why Thank You!:laugh:

To safely meet barrio chicks without unsafely travelling to the barrios to meet em, I would say Las Colinas is great start, you can start off at Rancho Tipico, its behind Monte Bar(Ave. 27 de Febrero), litterally. Don't try to walk around the block, because it's a long f**cking block at night, I know there must be a door back there to cut thru but I never found it. No Luck, then try Patron Burger on the same street as Monte Bar. Still No Luck, then go in the other direction to Kelvin's car wash or go to the Monument.

p.s. if you can't get laid with the suggestions above then go to Pasions.
p.s.s. They supply "Te Amo" if you run out.:laugh: :laugh: