Black Beetle?

Don1

Mar 24, 2006
I have been told recently that swarms of black beetle have hit the islands and rice growers have had their new crops demolished. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate or if not what the current position is in regard to rice growing. With particular reference to the area around Nagua.

Thanks

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Don1 said:
I have been told recently that swarms of black beetle have hit the islands and rice growers have had their new crops demolished. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate or if not what the current position is in regard to rice growing. With particular reference to the area around Nagua.

Thanks

Beetle? plague in rice? Not to my knowledge. Maybe you are confusing the crop. There is a beetle infestation in local coffee, called 'broca', but it's much under control... However, a new rice plague cannot be discarded, or the fact that many plagues are 'man-made', in order to promote and sell patented genetically engineered varieties inmune to the new plague or that respond easily to newly patented pesticides also sold by the owners of the patented engineered seed makers...

-

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Mirador said:
Beetle? plague in rice? Not to my knowledge. Maybe you are confusing the crop. There is a beetle infestation in local coffee, called 'broca', but it's much under control... However, a new rice plague cannot be discarded, or the fact that many plagues are 'man-made', in order to promote and sell patented genetically engineered varieties inmune to the new plague or that respond easily to newly patented pesticides also sold by the owners of the patented engineered seed makers...

-
You need to take the foil hat off and come out of the Y2K shelter.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
stewart said:
You need to take the foil hat off and come out of the Y2K shelter.

'Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed' ... ;-)

-