More Europa Happenings (from another site)

Darius3456

Oct 10, 2004
Assholes staying at Hotel Europa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the assholes who stayed on the 1st floor room by the pool and caused a 3 hour disturbance on Thursday at Hotel Europa , do everyone a favor and don't return. Who the F*ck are you to get jealous over some Sosua girl and break up the room, knock the girl out , knock 3 of your friends teeth out, and bleed all over the lobby of the Europa. It's assholes like you that f*ck it up for everyone else. If you can't handle your booz stay home in NY.

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
Darius3456 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the assholes who stayed on the 1st floor room by the pool and caused a 3 hour disturbance on Thursday at Hotel Europa , do everyone a favor and don't return. Who the F*ck are you to get jealous over some Sosua girl and break up the room, knock the girl out , knock 3 of your friends teeth out, and bleed all over the lobby of the Europa. It's assholes like you that f*ck it up for everyone else. If you can't handle your booz stay home in NY.

Just curious, what did the hotel do about this situation?

Knocking 3 of the friend's teeth out - the friendship can't be good after that.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Chareena said:
Just curious, what did the hotel do about this situation?

Knocking 3 of the friend's teeth out - the friendship can't be good after that.
Chareena,
This is a first time poster, and we'll have to establish the person's credibility and the validity of the story, before assuming that this is actually what happened.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Rocky said:
Chareena,
This is a first time poster, and we'll have to establish the person's credibility and the validity of the story, before assuming that this is actually what happened.

Sounds like another job for Rocky! If you hear anything please post as this can easily get out of hand.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
bigbird said:
Sounds like another job for Rocky!
I was going to investigate it, but I couldn't find a phone booth to change into my super hero outfit, and if that ain't bad enough, my cape is at the dry cleaners.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Chareena said:
You are right, Rocky. I didn't notice it was the poster's post no. 1.
It actually isn't - it's post #1 in the thread and the poster's 20th post; but since I don't know this poster I'll still go by Rocky's - "we'll have to establish the person's credibility and the validity of the story, before assuming that this is actually what happened".

Mi dos pesos.

Gregg

Darius3456

Oct 10, 2004
Ok guys, I wasn't going to respond to this because like Bigbird said, this could get out of hand, and I really dont want it to. The following is the sum and substance of something that I said to Marco in another email.

"I merely copied a post that I read on another site. While I am sensitive to not repeating second hand information out of fairness to the person being discussed, there just seems to be alot of issues being raised with the Europa and I felt it important to let others know what is being said. The other important point that I want to make is that I am from New York City. The last time I was at the Europa, there seemed to me to be an inordinate number of "hip hop heads" from New York making jerks of themselves. I say this because I live here in Harlem, New York and I know exactly what the poster was talking about. I see them here all the time and saw them at the Europa when I was there. People should know about the environment of the hotel that they chose to stay in. If the facts, as I relayed them were not true, I most certainly believe that the circumstances under which they were alleged to have occurred, were true. In any event, I dont believe that the issue is about my credibility. I was just trying to pass on some information that seemed to be consistent with people that I have met at the Europa and people that I live with here in New York City."

Like I said, guys, I do not want this get out of hand. If my information turns out incorrect, I apologize in advance. If the information is helpful, great. If not please ignore it as someting well intended not having its desired consequence.

Regards,
Darius3456

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
It really is not a good idea to just copy information that comes from any other site. You may be in the area of copyright infringement and you never know whether the information is good and accurate, or simply misreported.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The Europa attracts a diverse clientele, ranging from long term residents to vacationing families, to elderly snowbirds. With affordable rates, a "companion friendly" policy, and being located within easy walking distance of dozens of bars, clubs and discos inhabited by hundreds of hookers, its inevitable that it's also going to be patronized by men who want to bring girls back to the room with them, often late at night and after consuming enormous quantities of alcohol.

I'm sure this kind of incident could happen there, but I doubt if it's a regular occurance. As to how the management handled it, you'd need an eyewitness for that. Actually, even if this incident happened exactly as reported, it seems it would have been no more than a disturbance to the other residents. No indication that anyone else was hurt or threatened. If security and tranquility are a high priority, you would need to weigh that against the advantages of cost and location.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
sweetdbt said:
The Europa attracts a diverse clientele, ranging from long term residents to vacationing families, to elderly snowbirds. With affordable rates, a "companion friendly" policy, and being located within easy walking distance of dozens of bars, clubs and discos inhabited by hundreds of hookers, its inevitable that it's also going to be patronized by men who want to bring girls back to the room with them, often late at night and after consuming enormous quantities of alcohol.

I'm sure this kind of incident could happen there, but I doubt if it's a regular occurance. As to how the management handled it, you'd need an eyewitness for that. Actually, even if this incident happened exactly as reported, it seems it would have been no more than a disturbance to the other residents. No indication that anyone else was hurt or threatened. If security and tranquility are a high priority, you would need to weigh that against the advantages of cost and location.
This is the most accurate assesment of the situation.(see quote above)

There is no doubt that being guest friendly and located where it is, makes it a bit more prone than some other hotels in Sosua might be, however, it is not a free for all, and I'm sure Diego makes all the efforts possible to keep everything under control and all his patrons as safe as can be.
As a hotel owner, I have seen a few people get out of control and also attract crime, as they comport themselves in such a fashion, that they put themsleves at higher risk than others.
We have the advantage of being a lot smaller then the Europa, and that makes it easier to control, not to mention that I have no qualms about asking a guest to leave, if he is causing a security risk to us and other guests, or if he/she is disturbing other patrons.
A hotel the size of the Europa, is inherantly harder to control.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
FireGuy said:
It actually isn't - it's post #1 in the thread and the poster's 20th post; but since I don't know this poster I'll still go by Rocky's - "we'll have to establish the person's credibility and the validity of the story, before assuming that this is actually what happened".

Mi dos pesos.

Gregg
I hadn't drunk enough coffee and was mistaken.
Now that the fog has subsided, the only thing that I would like to add, other than apologizing for my mistake, is that I still believe that the Europa is a decent hotel, and that patrons should oversee their own security to a certain degree, and if they feel insecure about any issues there, then they could mention it to the owner, and see if something can be done about it.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
NON Fiction

I was going to stay out of this one, but you know me!
I personally know who posted this one on the "other site".
He has been to RD over 25 times and not a huge story teller or poster.

Trust me, this story is 100% NON Fiction.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Tamborista said:
I was going to stay out of this one, but you know me!
I personally know who posted this one on the "other site".
He has been to RD over 25 times and not a huge story teller or poster.

Trust me, this story is 100% NON Fiction.
That being said, it is not a reflection on the hotel itself.
An incident of that nature could happen anywhere.
As I said previously, I was still in my Sunday morning fog, and was mistaken when I thought the post came from a first time poster.
I don't know what the usefulness of the post might be, unless the fellows who caused the disturbance are DR1 readers.

I also wanted to stay out of this one, but, in all fairness, it should be said that most guests at the Europa are very satisified.

A

apostropheman

Rocky said:
I was going to investigate it, but I couldn't find a phone booth to change into my super hero outfit, and if that ain't bad enough, my cape is at the dry cleaners.
i'll stop in at the do$$ar store and bring you some fresh tights...sounds like you need them:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
apostropheman said:
i'll stop in at the do$$ar store and bring you some fresh tights...sounds like you need them:bunny::bunny::bunny:
I don't wear any of that cheap dollar store stuff.
Buy me pure silk, or don't buy me anything....

A

apostropheman

Rocky said:
I don't wear any of that cheap dollar store stuff.
Buy me pure silk, or don't buy me anything....

i'll try but don't know if they'll have anymore in pink:surprised

still need a small...or have you grown?:bunny::bunny::bunny:

getting back on topic:pirate: i've seen a few groups that seem to have difficulty leaving their attitudes at home. it's too bad as they'd probably have a much better time if they did...and i don't need to experience it especially on vacation.

it really has little to do with the quality of the hotel. i know many people that stay at the europa and like it just fine.

wsj3

Sep 16, 2004
Darius3456 said:

Wow sorry to hear that happened...

I stayed at the Europa in May 2005 and a crew of knuckleheads started a fight in the Classico disco that messed up my evening.

Women and alcohol and youth...Bad Combination.

Peace:
WSJ3
:)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
wsj3 said:
Wow sorry to hear that happened...

I stayed at the Europa in May 2005 and a crew of knuckleheads started a fight in the Classico disco that messed up my evening.

Women and alcohol and youth...Bad Combination.

Peace:
WSJ3
:)
Prolly more like alcohol, testosterone, and a$$holeness...a bad combination (from my experience as a bar owner)...

Hiya, WSJ;)