Business in Casa Linda ?

kenatico

Mar 26, 2006
Hello, Initially I excuse myself but I speak very badly English.I am new here.
I would like to buy a villa in Sosua:Residencial Casa Linda.I would like to know if Casa Linda are serious, not problem?I would like to rent, is this a good bussiness ? Does the hiring function well ?I must pay 10.000 for the reservation ! There is not swindles ? What do you thing about Casa Linda.
I would like to know owners with Casa Linda

Kenatico

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi Kenatico,
Is your intention to buy a unit at Casa Linda, then rent it out, as a business?
If so, you are not likely to make money on such a venture, but it could still be a good investment, if real estate keeps on going up.
There are surely DR1 members in the project who could answer questions about Casa Linda.
Who is the agent?
Who would manage it?
Would you be buying direct?
Any info you cab give us would help establish the validity of the deal.

kenatico

Mar 26, 2006
Yes my intention is to buy a villa and then to rent
The the real estate agent and he it builds the villa is Paul Huellenkremer de Residencial Casa Linda and the agency manages it

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
1st) There may be members who have done the same, and can tell you how it worked out for them
2nd) As I said in my first reply, you are not likely to actually make money, in this type of venture.
You may still want to do it as a real estate investment, but you should not expect to make any cash, in fact, it may cost you to subsidize your investment.
3rd) What I have written so far are just generalizations. They are not specific to Casa Linda.
4th) To make money renting houses or condos you have purchased, you would probably need several units, and live here yourself, and administrate them yourself.
5th) You would need to be able to keep a high occupancy (90%) for it to be a good investment.

kenatico

Mar 26, 2006
The agency says that the rate of activity(occupation) is from 75 % to 85 % but evidemment I do not so know it's true!!:surprised
It is for it that I would like to know owner in Casa Linda

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
75% to 85% occupancy would be good, if you are renting at tourist rates.
If you are renting to a resident, you would need to have a higher occupancy rate.
Give this thread a chance, until we hear from another member who has some direct experience in this project.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
You should take a look at the new project by Hispanola Realty. It is closer to town and a much nicer area. The houses are the same design as Casa Linda and thousands of dollars less. The project will have 24 hour security and on site management. Werner the owner has a lot of experience as he was the manager of Casa Linda for a number of years.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Also you can private message me and i will give you our experience owning at Casa Linda.

kenatico

Mar 26, 2006
Thank you for the information.
I looked at Hispaniola Real Estate's site and it is cheaper for the same house!!
13.680 US difference !!! Do you know which distance of Sosua and the sea ??

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
kenatico said:
Thank you for the information.
I looked at Hispaniola Real Estate's site and it is cheaper for the same house!!
13.680 US difference !!! Do you know which distance of Sosua and the sea ??
It's just up the road from the police station, 5 minute walk to the center of town and the beach. I took a walk around the area the last time i was there and couldn't believe the incredible views of the ocean from most of the lots.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
wayne said:
It's just up the road from the police station, 5 minute walk to the center of town and the beach. I took a walk around the area the last time i was there and couldn't believe the incredible views of the ocean from most of the lots.
I think you misunderstood Kenatico.
He/she was refering to seeing the same Casa Linda House on Hispaniola Realty's website for less than the price he/she had been quoted.
Which project are you refering to?
Is it up Camino Llibre?

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Rocky said:
I think you misunderstood Kenatico.
He/she was refering to seeing the same Casa Linda House on Hispaniola Realty's website for less than the price he/she had been quoted.
Which project are you refering to?
Is it up Camino Llibre?
No Marco, no misunderstanding, i was referring to Residencial Hispaniola. It's just up the road from the police station. It's a new project under development by Hispaniola Realty.

Wayne

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
wayne said:
No Marco, no misunderstanding, i was referring to Residencial Hispaniola. It's just up the road from the police station. It's a new project under development by Hispaniola Realty.

Wayne
That seems to be a very nice project.
What I was saying Wayne, is that Kenatico, who does not speak too much English, appeared to be saying that he saw the same Casa Linda house he is thinking of buying, on the Hispaniola Real Estate website, for some odd 13 thousand dollars less.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Rocky said:
That seems to be a very nice project.
What I was saying Wayne, is that Kenatico, who does not speak too much English, appeared to be saying that he saw the same Casa Linda house he is thinking of buying, on the Hispaniola Real Estate website, for some odd 13 thousand dollars less.
Sorry, i guess i wasn't clear. You would never know english is my first language.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
wayne said:
Sorry, i guess i wasn't clear. You would never know english is my first language.
And I'm just guessing, at best.
Nevertheless, I believe this thread has been useful and informative for Kenatico, so our job is done.

kenatico

Mar 26, 2006
Thank you for your help.The next time when I go to Sosua,(first juny) I visit this project.The problem in Accommodated Linda is that it is little far from the center if I want to rent to tourists

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
kenatico said:
Thank you for your help.The next time when I go to Sosua,(first juny) I visit this project.The problem in Accommodated Linda is that it is little far from the center if I want to rent to tourists
You are correct, kenatico.
You pretty much need a car to stay out at Casa Linda., and that would preclude most tourists.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
C.l.

Kenatico, I sent you a private Message that will tell you all you need to know about Casa Linda.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Happy Semana Santa to all !!!!!!!

I have to agree with Wayne on the new development. Werner, is the agency owner and a very nice and honest person. He actually started the Casa LInda development with Pual. I have been renting the homes of Casa LInda for many, many years and always have them booked . But the new development is much closer to town . If you need a rental agent for you after, let me know, I will be more than happy to promote your property:))

All the best .