Jet bridges at sti - different perspective

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I'm I the only one thinking this???

I was always saying how it sucked that STI didn't have jet bridges bla bla bla...

But now if you are in the back of the plane you will be the last one to exit. This just dawned on me. THAT'S GOING TO SUCK SO BAD!!!

Whereas before they had the two exits - front and back.

SCREW THE JET BRIDGES - I WANT TO DO IT THE OTHER WAY NOW.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
try flying first class, you will be first in and first out.
i will test the jetway this thrusday.
AZB

exek

May 26, 2003
www.cormega-central.com
I was thinking the same thing what if I was all the way in the back from a 3hour flight and sat next to a passenger with a baby that never shut-up, now I’m stuck for another 20 minutes trying to get out of thru the jet bridge while the baby still cries and the rest of the passengers unload their car engine parts, TV’s, radios, security system, and kitchen sink from the overhead compartment. Oh great cant wait for my next trip hehe

HOLD UP what is stopping them from still doing the jet bridge for the front plus the other way for the back?

Sep 19, 2005
the long delay leaving the plane at STI is only bad if you dont have checked bags...ie, you only have carry ons. My last two trips i only had carry ons and i went through the airport in less than 15 minutes...both times i was at the very back of the plane, and I got off very fast, and didnt wait for luggage... the luggage wait will always be the worst common denominator in the airport wait at STI.

but for sure it will now be like arriving back home at jfk...if you are at the back of the plane you will be in the airport a long time ..especially the customs line!!!!!!

now if will be important to buy your tickest very early...because even with two stairs the front of the plane always filled up first.....

bob

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
laurapasinifan said:
the long delay leaving the plane at STI is only bad if you dont have checked bags...ie, you only have carry ons. My last two trips i only had carry ons and i went through the airport in less than 15 minutes...both times i was at the very back of the plane, and I got off very fast, and didnt wait for luggage... the luggage wait will always be the worst common denominator in the airport wait at STI.

but for sure it will now be like arriving back home at jfk...if you are at the back of the plane you will be in the airport a long time ..especially the customs line!!!!!!

now if will be important to buy your tickest very early...because even with two stairs the front of the plane always filled up first.....

bob

Bob I wish I could travel without luggage. Unfortunately, I have a big family and they are always hoping I bring back something for them.

Maybe I should start using those freight services to send them stuff, leave lots of clothes on one of my trips and on the next one just do a carry on. This sounds like a plan.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Yo' Homie, Tigre I said that the best thing for me as a Cibae~no was to wave at the people from the plane, you know with the hat and all.. LOL
At least you won't get wet...

Zeus (primus inter pares):chinese: