reverse osmosis for DR?

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Hey my family and I are relocating to the dominican republic from Phoenix, AZ. We have a bigg problem or concern, our baby girl drink Purified water. I know you can buy bottle water in DR but i know from personal experience that it not just the drinking water that gets you into troble it all the water you use.

Who can recomend a total house water filtration system that meets US water standard(not talking about water taste if not about bacterial).
Thanks to all
Albin

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hi! I have never seen a reverse osmosis total house system here. Why can't you use bottled water for all her needs? We recently had a 2 year old here & he drank it & used it for brushing teeth etc with no problems. Don't use distilled water, it is not good to drink as it may leach out minerals from the body. Good luck! Canadian Bob.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't Worry About It!

Use bottled water for drinking,and brushing your teeth.My wife uses bottled water for baby's bath for first year only! We have 4,none dead yet!
Unless you are VERY RICH,you can't afford "Whole House" Reverse osmosis!ccccccccccc

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Don't over do it!

Keep in mind that the body, in order to develop a healthy immune sytem, needs to be exposed to a certain amount of pathogens (bacteria, microbes, germs, viruses...). One of the main culprits for the explosive rise in asmatic conditions and allergies in first world countries has been attributed to excessive cleanliness and the use of chemical bactericides.

-

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Upon the birth of my son 7 years ago we have been using boiled water in the house for any instance or need for water that would touch his body. He and I use bottled water for tooth brushing and drinking, I have taught my wife to use boiled water for tooth brushing as she refuses to use bottled water as she thinks it’s a waste of good water. We always have 3 or 4 gallons of boiled water covered and ready for use when needed and it is always boiled for at least 3 minutes.

I’ve been sick twice in 9 years from bacterial pathogens and my son once last year. I suspect mine was caused from drinking prepared fruit drinks from neighbors and I suspect my son acquired his from eating a flavored “ice” from a neighbor. The possibility that the majority of Dominicans seem to have a built in inbred immunity to some forms of the pathogens seems to be the reason they don’t seem to have qualms in using regular water in the preparation of drinks and the like. There is also the fact that a lot of Dominicans have these pathogens in their bodies and don’t know it as the symptoms are mild. These mild symptoms they experience are extreme symptoms for me and my son. Because of this I DO NOT drink anything outside of my house unless it’s bottled nor allow my son to either and have taught him such.

When my son was a baby his bath water was always boiled and this was because he was too young to know not to swallow the water.

Rick

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
thanks Rick and the rest of the crew
Costo has a very evective reverse osmosis system that will eliminate the bottle water dilema. I will take everything into consideration and discus it with my doctor her in the states and in santiago.
PS forthe house sytems I was think more along the lines of a water softener.
The more comments the better.

Miko

May 23, 2003
have

you thought of UV systems. Burns all bacteria. I am the distributor for Trojan UV in DR. The systems I install and have in stock can treat 14 gallons per minute which takes care of a large house with multiple bathrooms and I have even larger ones available. My family and guests drink the water right out of the tap, shower in it, etc. Located in Cabarete.

mikeo1313

Nov 22, 2005
Very rich for reverse osmosis on a house... damn... you got to be very rich for that... ok,, so I guess you wear white T's everyday since button shirts and sleeves are for rich also... lol

Criss Colon said:
Use bottled water for drinking,and brushing your teeth.My wife uses bottled water for baby's bath for first year only! We have 4,none dead yet!
Unless you are VERY RICH,you can't afford "Whole House" Reverse osmosis!ccccccccccc

mikeo1313

Nov 22, 2005
EXCUSE ME,, don't drink distilled water because it will leach you of minerals...
you can get your minerals from food sources and above all all other water besides distilled has calcium or lime content... those that drink distilled water only have capillaries and arteries like 20year olds till their dieing day...

look into it dude... I allready did,, I buy my distilled from walmart in 3 gallon boxes,, sure beats buying an expensive unit with low output that drains electricity...

canadian bob said:
Hi! I have never seen a reverse osmosis total house system here. Why can't you use bottled water for all her needs? We recently had a 2 year old here & he drank it & used it for brushing teeth etc with no problems. Don't use distilled water, it is not good to drink as it may leach out minerals from the body. Good luck! Canadian Bob.

G

gary short

Miko said:
you thought of UV systems. Burns all bacteria. I am the distributor for Trojan UV in DR. The systems I install and have in stock can treat 14 gallons per minute which takes care of a large house with multiple bathrooms and I have even larger ones available. My family and guests drink the water right out of the tap, shower in it, etc. Located in Cabarete.
Miko does this system work on demand.......just curious about power consumption.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Miko said:
Can you post the rpices and how it works and is it better or a better value that a 5 stage reverse osmosis ystem like the ones found @ costco?