D.R. to Cuba under $500?

Olid112382

Mar 27, 2006
Hello all,

I'm planning on spending a month in both the Dominican Republic and Cuba. I've been doing a lot of research on the transportation between the two islands and haven't come up with a lot. The cheapest tickets I can find are through Cubana airlines for around $550 (return flight). I'm finding it hard to believe there is no other cheaper alternative. If anyone has any suggestion on where to look or any other options like ferries, fishing boats:), or anything else that a broke student might use for transportation, that would be great. Thanks!

Oliver

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Very inexpensive transport can be arranged by going to your closest US embassy and telling them you are affliliated with the Taliban or Al-Quaida.
In fact a free hotel room at Guantanamo Bay Resort will be thrown in.;)

Jun 5, 2004
LoL HoWMAR you are funny. Caribair offers service between Santiago De Los Caballeros DR and Santiago de Cuba. Im not sure about their airfares but try caribair.com.do

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
$439.00

Olid112382 said:
Hello all,

I'm planning on spending a month in both the Dominican Republic and Cuba. I've been doing a lot of research on the transportation between the two islands and haven't come up with a lot. The cheapest tickets I can find are through Cubana airlines for around $550 (return flight). I'm finding it hard to believe there is no other cheaper alternative. If anyone has any suggestion on where to look or any other options like ferries, fishing boats:), or anything else that a broke student might use for transportation, that would be great. Thanks!

Oliver
It cost me about $110 less on Cubana, when I did the trip out of SDQ -> Havana last year.

-Helpmann :)

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Airfares between SDQ/Santiago de los Caballeros and Santiago de Cuba

The current airfares from SDQ to Santiago de Cuba by AEROCARIBBEAN resp. Santiago de los caballeros to Santiago de Cuba by CARIBAIR amount to appr. 300 USd for a roundtrip ticket.
The airfare between SDQ and Havanna by CUBANA for a roundtrip ticket should be a little over 400 USD.

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
To Habana: (CUBANA)

Thu, Sun Depart Santo Domingo 1:35 pm Arrive Havana 4:00 pm
Thu, Sun Depart Havana 9:55 am Arrive Santo Domingo 12:05 pm

Fare Schedule:

Adult one way: $259 U.S.
Adult round trip, up to 7 days: $395 U.S.
Adult round trip, 8 to 30 days: $409 U.S.
Adult round trip, 31 to 365 days: $518 U.S.

Adult One way Business Class $368 U.S.
Adult round trip Business Class $736 U.S.

Cuban Tourist Card - $15 U.S.

To Santigo de Cuba:(AEROCARIBBEAN)

Fri, Mon Depart Santo Domingo 4:30 pm Arrive Santiago de Cuba 6:30 pm
Fri, Mon Depart Santiago de Cuba 1:30 pm Arrive Santo Domingo 3:30 pm

Fare Schedule:

Adult one way: $229 U.S.
Adult round trip, maximum duration of one month: $299 U.S.

Cuban Tourist Card: $15 U.S.
Departure Tax: $50

Aircraft: ATR 42

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Caribeair has an ad. on tv where they offer 4 days and 3 nighst, for almost 500 USD$, include round trip, hotel, breakfast, dinner and transportation to the city.

Olid112382

Mar 27, 2006
Hey thanks everyone for their reply. I can't tell you how much this will help. My last question is where can you book tickets for Caribair? I found their page on the internet, but it doesn't appear you can book your tickets? Thanks again!

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
daydream said:
What's with the sad face.....? is it a reflection on AEROCARIBBEAN?

Nah! it should have been To Santigo de Cuba: (AEROCARIBBEAN)

I've seen their flight land and take off from SDQ to Santigo de Cuba. It's on an ATR42, small turboprop plane, and i've taken the Cancun-Habana one but on a bigger ATR 72. Man they don't turn on the A/C while the plane is on the ground!

atr422da.jpg

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
AEROCARIBBEAN to Santiago de Cuba

In the past I travelled several times aboard this aircraft to Santiago de Cuba, it was always allright. I never had any problems.
Tickets can be purchased with EMELY TOURS, Av. Tiradentes in Santo Domingo.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
El_cubano said:
Nah! it should have been To Santigo de Cuba: (AEROCARIBBEAN)

I've seen their flight land and take off from SDQ to Santigo de Cuba. It's on an ATR42, small turboprop plane, and i've taken the Cancun-Habana one but on a bigger ATR 72. Man they don't turn on the A/C while the plane is on the ground!

atr422da.jpg

Thanks for the pic.........I am not a great fan of propeller planes....the noise of the propellers freaks me out - I always vision something getting stuck in one of them...:paranoid: Only flew on one on a short internal flight in the UK....for about 45 mins.......and that was enough for me :classic:

I will make the trip from the DR to Cuba one day (soon I hope).....it's an island I have always wanted to visit......the prices aren't too bad I guess - well the propeller prices anyhow!!

What type of planes do Cubana and Caribeair fly? The Caribeair offer sounds good.

How long is the flight from SDQ - Cuba?