Mainegirl's change of plans

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I had a ten day holiday booked for Venezuela but my schedule became crazy here at home and I had to exchange my ticket for 5 days in the DR. I've convinced one of my best girlfriends to come with me--we both need a break from everything, just sun and sand for a few days before heading back here to busy schedules, her in Chicago and me in Maine.

As always I am open to people's recommendations. We plan to make the most of the holiday--by relaxing, bringing books we haven't had time to read, having a few beers and possibly doing one day trip into Puerto Plata, or just heading straight to Eddy's Easter Sunday. It is a Thursday-Monday trip over Easter weekend.

If anyone has a hotel rec for us, let me know! We are booking our hotel in the next day or two. I sent an email to Tropix--the place looked cozy, clean, and laidback yet secure. Any other "hidden gems"?

FWIW we fly in and out of STI.

ETA: Chiri and Pib, next time, more notice, and a definite trip to SD!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What flight are you taking?
Remember that the Hovel is open, and we do have cold beer...
Be good to see you again, even fleetingly.
Tropix is a good base of operations.

HB :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sep 19, 2005
hey what time do you arrive in STI?

I am flying in the same day and leaving tuesday!

I may do a trip to Puerto Plata to either go up the mountain cable car or ride a helicopter around for some photos.

Ill schedule some sun with Planner!

I havent decided what ay I am going north..it depends on SUNSHINE

we get it we go, if not we save the trip for another time...

you thinking of staying santiago mostly?

bob

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I arrive at 630, they are routing me through San Juan. My friend is arriving at 9, she is going through JFK/LGA (I know she has to take the shuttle over).

Per HB's sage advice I called the Tropix and booked three nights. I have never stayed right in Sosua, it should be fun!

Bob, only one night in Santiago!

HB, would love to have a beer with you!

Sep 19, 2005
MaineGirl said:
I arrive at 630, they are routing me through San Juan. My friend is arriving at 9, she is going through JFK/LGA (I know she has to take the shuttle over).

Per HB's sage advice I called the Tropix and booked three nights. I have never stayed right in Sosua, it should be fun!

Bob, only one night in Santiago!

HB, would love to have a beer with you!

you want to add some pm's or am's to that message?

not there is an oppostrophe in the pms abbreviation!!!

ha ha ha...as the illustrious AZB once said..."I make joke"

bob

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Very funny Bobby boy :)

We arrive at night. I actually am leaving from Boston around noon. And she is in Chicago. Not like the good old days when I lived a bit more south and could be in POP by 2 in the afternoon, oh no.

Not to mention the time of our ticketing....I looked for a direct POP route...and was given the choice of 33 hours en route or some astronomical price....no thanks....

The cable car is really fun, I recommend it :) If you have room in the helicopter just give me a ring at the Tropix. I love to fly.