Rain in Punta Cana

Brandiegirl

Mar 27, 2006
Leaving for a 10 day trip to Bavaro Princess Hotel on Friday. 10 day forecast shows rain, rain, cloudy, rain etc. etc. Am I going in the rainy season? Should I cancel plans? Don't want to vacation for 10 days in rainy weather. No one mentions rain in the all the forums I have visited to get info. Help!

Ella

Jul 30, 2003
forecast always says it's going to rain...it may at night or a bit during the day but rarely has it rained all day. I just got back and had a similar forecast...it rained one morning for about 10 minutes and one night for about the same. It might be a bit overcast but that's usually the extent of it.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Last night we had our first real rainfall in over 1 month... but then again, it rained about 1 inch at the hotel but at the airport (4km away) it only got the ground wet. So I wouldn't worry too much about rain.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Guess what? It is raining now, first day of on and off showers throughout an afternoon. It has been dry here, need some of God's fertilizer to bring back some of the green.

The computerized websites although good with their ten day forecasts tend to paint some day's forecasts with images of rain and clouds when only a small part of the day may include the events. Most of the time here is Sunny. If there was not enough Sun the resorts would be out of business and the beaches would be barren of visitors.

You can follow the daily observations of Bavaro and Punta Cana and other Dom Rep locations at DR1's "Weather & Beyond" website at:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Regards,
PJT

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
let me get one thing straight cause this carribean weather is very new to me...

so it can be 85 outside but cloudy rain... ok i get that part although its a bit hard to comprehend...

can you still lay out and get tanned though under such conditions??????

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Tan or Burn

boogieman said:
....i never knew you can still tan when its cloudy...
Depending on your skin type you may even want to avoid the sun altogether, stay in the shade and drink carrot juice...
Your body needs a few days to carry melanine to your skin in order to produce a protective tan, anyhow.

m'frog

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
m'frog....don't forget that the boogieman usually lives in the closet or under the bed

that's why he knows nothing about the sun or the rain or the carrots or the dominican republic

;) ;) ;)

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
dominican_daisy said:
m'frog....don't forget that the boogieman usually lives in the closet or under the bed

that's why he knows nothing about the sun or the rain or the carrots or the dominican republic

;) ;) ;)

lol...;)
i can take a joke... i hope you can too...

whilst its true i know not much about carrots other than to stick them in your mom's ass, one cannot say i know nothing on the sun or rain...;)