Punta cana aiport is amazing!!!

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
I just arrived home from Cancun, Mexico, and this really opened my eyes to how incredible Punta Cana and Puerto Plata airports are. It took us nearly 3hours of queing to get through customs, let alone get the luggage, which took forever! It just makes you realise how amazing Dominican Republics airports are!!

Wannago

May 27, 2004
I love the PUJ airport!! It is just great coming from the cold northern states and stepping out of the plane right into paradise. We just returned from a 10 day stay and the airport is great. You do get through fast, tho the security has stopped us and searched our luggage each time on the way into D.R. I think its because we are two females traveling together. And you can get off the plane, buy a couple Cervesas and get on the bus to go to resort. How great is that?? I'm counting the days until we are off to the D.R. again!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The airport will be the first in the DR to feature two runways. I believe construction will soon begin on the second runway if it hasn't already. This is the busiest airport in the country -- has been expanded about five times already.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Dolores said:
The airport will be the first in the DR to feature two runways. I believe construction will soon begin on the second runway if it hasn't already. This is the busiest airport in the country -- has been expanded about five times already.

Yep, they've started clearing the land for the second runway. Longer and on a better angle than the first one so that the noise from the planes bother our guests even less. All very impressive!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i love it at SDQ....as soon as you are off the plane...they are there offering free brugal & sprite....not a bad way to start ones trip!

Just have to make sure to ask for that tourist card BEFORE you leave the states...saves a whole bunch of time.

Oh...and dont travel with a poophead like i did this last trip...saves a ton of hassles ;-)

G

gary short

**princess said:
I just arrived home from Cancun, Mexico, and this really opened my eyes to how incredible Punta Cana and Puerto Plata airports are. It took us nearly 3hours of queing to get through customs, let alone get the luggage, which took forever! It just makes you realise how amazing Dominican Republics airports are!!
If I had to stand in line for 3 hours at the airport in either Punta Cana or Puerto Plata I wouldn't be using words like amazing.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
gary short said:
If I had to stand in line for 3 hours at the airport in either Punta Cana or Puerto Plata I wouldn't be using words like amazing.
I think she was saying she waited 3 hours in Cancun.

G

gary short

rellosk said:
I think she was saying she waited 3 hours in Cancun.
Thanks rellosk. I was about to book a flight for Cancun instead of Puerto Plata.