Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punta cana aiport is amazing!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Punta cana aiport is amazing!!!

I just arrived home from Cancun, Mexico, and this really opened my eyes to how incredible Punta Cana and Puerto Plata airports are. It took us nearly 3hours of queing to get through customs, let alone get the luggage, which took forever! It just makes you realise how amazing Dominican Republics airports are!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the PUJ airport!! It is just great coming from the cold northern states and stepping out of the plane right into paradise. We just returned from a 10 day stay and the airport is great. You do get through fast, tho the security has stopped us and searched our luggage each time on the way into D.R. I think its because we are two females traveling together. And you can get off the plane, buy a couple Cervesas and get on the bus to go to resort. How great is that?? I'm counting the days until we are off to the D.R. again!

"Creature of Leisure"
    Post Thanks / Like

For more info about the beginnings of this airport, once a dream from visionary Mr Rainieri, log on to www.puntacana.com

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The airport will be the first in the DR to feature two runways. I believe construction will soon begin on the second runway if it hasn't already. This is the busiest airport in the country -- has been expanded about five times already.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores
    The airport will be the first in the DR to feature two runways. I believe construction will soon begin on the second runway if it hasn't already. This is the busiest airport in the country -- has been expanded about five times already.
    Yep, they've started clearing the land for the second runway. Longer and on a better angle than the first one so that the noise from the planes bother our guests even less. All very impressive!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Terminal 2, new and airconditioned and Terminal 1 going through renovations also including air conditioning.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i love it at SDQ....as soon as you are off the plane...they are there offering free brugal & sprite....not a bad way to start ones trip!

Just have to make sure to ask for that tourist card BEFORE you leave the states...saves a whole bunch of time.

Oh...and dont travel with a poophead like i did this last trip...saves a ton of hassles ;-)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What's a poophead ?

gary short

Quote Originally Posted by **princess
    I just arrived home from Cancun, Mexico, and this really opened my eyes to how incredible Punta Cana and Puerto Plata airports are. It took us nearly 3hours of queing to get through customs, let alone get the luggage, which took forever! It just makes you realise how amazing Dominican Republics airports are!!
    If I had to stand in line for 3 hours at the airport in either Punta Cana or Puerto Plata I wouldn't be using words like amazing.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

poopehead (nothing silly)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast