Business Research

Dylan

Mar 22, 2006
I am thinking of coming to the DR to start a business and was wondering if one or many people might be able to help me get an idea of business costs. Therefore, I need to know fixed and variable costs: rent, electricity, phones, labor (anyone that speaks English), FLASH, phones, insurance, wages, etc. Is there anyone that I might talk to about this? Please feel free to start this thread by responding.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This enquiry is a little too general. To state some of the obvious, rent will vary in terms of what you rent and where. A shack on the backroad will be much less expensive than prime storefront on the mainroad. Wages will vary in terms of what you are hiring for. An accountant will be more expensive than a cleaner.

I'm sure the members of this board can give you ballpark numbers, but you need to be more specific in terms of what you want to do and where.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Can you give us more light about lets say, in what city are you going to establish your business? is it going to be a free zone company? how many people will you be hiring? what kind of skills/education are you requiring? Do you already know how many people will need a phone, a computer, internet access? will you need independent phone lines or a central? how many sq feet/sq mt will you need? how much kw/h does your process needs? do you need water other than regular potable water? what kind of insurance do you need other than health/property/liability? etc...

For wages, there is a Dominican Salary report, where you can find what the companies that participate in the survey are paying depending on education, position and free zone or not.

Some free zones have their own websites too. Not sure if the info there is accurate or up to date. After reading your PM I got a phone number from Las Americas free zone this morning, to check on the info published on their website. Will call tomorrow morning if you are interested.

Please, keep asking, I am sure some posters can be of more help having more info.

Good luck

Jess