buying property

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Hi, I have a question that might be stupid but I can't find the answer. If you are buying a porperty in the DR and paying with your savings. How do you actually pay for the home. Can you give a cheque from an account in your home country? How do you transfer the funds?

Thanks

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
isabelle13 said:
Hi, I have a question that might be stupid but I can't find the answer. If you are buying a porperty in the DR and paying with your savings. How do you actually pay for the home. Can you give a cheque from an account in your home country? How do you transfer the funds?

Thanks

Always go through the lawyers account either with cheque or wire it from your home country. Use the lawyer account though to protect yourself (providing it is a trustworthy lawyer)...tom

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Wire funds to In Trust account of your lawyer. Typically, 10% on agreement, the rest on closing date. Use a trusted lawyer such as Guido Perdomo or Guzman. Good luck, let us know if you need more info, we are here to help.

hermit17403

Apr 5, 2006
Where in the DR, if it is in the capital, I now a lawyer who is of my family that can check to see if this property you are buying really belongs to who they say it belongs too, she can do the title search for you. And take care of the trust account also.

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
thanks

Thanks Hermit, I have not decided on buyin yet but I will make sure to contact you once I do.

Slinky

Apr 5, 2006
Forgive me if there is something I am not aware of, but I think sending your money in trust of your lawyer is a pretty risky move. :paranoid:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
hermit17403 said:
Where in the DR, if it is in the capital, I now a lawyer who is of my family that can check to see if this property you are buying really belongs to who they say it belongs too, she can do the title search for you. And take care of the trust account also.

We also offer advertising on DR1, feel free to email me for rates.
Any future posts of this nature will be moved. robert@dr1.com

isabelle13, I suggest you use a reputable lawyer that comes with many great testimonials from people here on DR1. e.g. Fabio Guzman, RVHB etc.