DR R E taxes? Computations? Access? [long post]

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
In the USA, my homeland, all information re: R E taxes in all cities & towns are public records by law. This means that any member of the public, owner or non-owner, may inspect & make copies of all of the actual records of the local assessors; assessors are the officials in American cities & towns who are charged with the responsiblity of making & maintaining accurate records of all non-public R E, residential, commercial, & 'raw land'. R E taxes are a very substantial source of on-going revenue to all American cities & towns. I can enter any assessors office & review the assessment records of X, Y, & Z; X, Y, &/or Z have no rights of privacy in this area: in the DR?

* are any or all R E assesment records matters of public record? Open to all?

* For example, can I find out the assessed valuation & supporting information for my DR neighbors' land & homes, foreign or Dominican?

* Is there a national exemption in Pesos before any R E taxes must be paid? How much?

* all R E public R E assesessing in the DR seems to be done by Rentas Internas, a national DR government agency.

* Are it's records open to all, ie the public, to me?

* Who are the actual assesors? Educated? Qualified? Experienced? Competent? Political appointees? Serving @ the pleasure of the current government? Compensations?

* Asuming that I am disappointed in the assessment of my R E in the DR, what rights of appeal do I have? To whom? If any?

I welcome knowledgeable comments, especially from DR lawyers; & from foreignerrs who may have dealt with DR assessing in an intimate & perhaps pinful way. Personal experiences? Where? Learning experiences? Thank you.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
gringosabroso said:
In the USA, my homeland, all information re: R E taxes in all cities & towns are public records by law. This means that any member of the public, owner or non-owner, may inspect & make copies of all of the actual records of the local assessors; assessors are the officials in American cities & towns who are charged with the responsiblity of making & maintaining accurate records of all non-public R E, residential, commercial, & 'raw land'. R E taxes are a very substantial source of on-going revenue to all American cities & towns. I can enter any assessors office & review the assessment records of X, Y, & Z; X, Y, &/or Z have no rights of privacy in this area: in the DR?

* are any or all R E assesment records matters of public record? Open to all?

* For example, can I find out the assessed valuation & supporting information for my DR neighbors' land & homes, foreign or Dominican?

* Is there a national exemption in Pesos before any R E taxes must be paid? How much?

* all R E public R E assesessing in the DR seems to be done by Rentas Internas, a national DR government agency.

* Are it's records open to all, ie the public, to me?

* Who are the actual assesors? Educated? Qualified? Experienced? Competent? Political appointees? Serving @ the pleasure of the current government? Compensations?

* Asuming that I am disappointed in the assessment of my R E in the DR, what rights of appeal do I have? To whom? If any?

I welcome knowledgeable comments, especially from DR lawyers; & from foreignerrs who may have dealt with DR assessing in an intimate & perhaps pinful way. Personal experiences? Where? Learning experiences? Thank you.

This is an area properly aaddressed to the "Legal Advisor", Fabio Guzman.

I suggest you send him an email, or post this in the "LEGAL" section here on DR1.

Texas Bill