Occidental allegro playa dorada

Status
Not open for further replies.

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
Can anybody tell me anything about this resort, as well as to where it is located. I have gotten contradicting reports. Some say is in playa dorada and others that it is located in sosua. Please provide all the information posible, i will be heading there next week and will like to start making plans for the trip.

All replies will be greatly appreciaated.

Thank you

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
Sosua is about a 20-25 minute guagua ride from the Playa Dorada Complex - cost $20RD. Walk out of the complex to the main road, cross and wait for the loaded minivan to come by...it says Rio San Juan - Puerto Plata across the windshield - you can't miss it! Enjoy - it is always an adventure on the guagua. ;)

DD

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Its in Playa D - 10 min walk to Mangu!

We took a taxi to sousa - haggle haggle haggle on price. We offered a third of what was asked for and they took us every time.

Confirm your price before you get into a taxi if your not brave enough for the bus!

Dan

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
thanks

Thank you all for your sugestions. I will probably have transportation so getting to places will not be a problem.
I got the impresion that Sosua was a better place for night life, but i guess i could drive over there. Wanted to stay there but the prices were much better in the playa dorada complex. I hope i don't regret that.

Anyways, leving on Sat. 6:00AM fight, can hardly wait.

Thank you all;)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Just a couple of questions for the OP....

Have you been to the DR before?
Are you renting a car?
Are you aware of the driving conditions in the DR?
Are you planning on driving to Sosua at night, partying, and then driving back to POP?

I think that if the answers are NO, YES, NO, YES, then it would be much better for you to hire a taxi, it will be worth the money you pay. Driving in the DR is insane if you are not used to it, travelling at night on the POP-Sosua highway can be a nightmare. Then you have to worry about parking, theft, etc. if you are going to be sitting in a club all night, and the rental car is sitting outside unattended and sticking out like a sore thumb!
If you want a stress-free vacation, my thoughts are hire a taxi, sit back and enjoy the sights, party all you want, and get back to your hotel safely.

Just a suggestion from my experiences. I lived there, had my own vehicle, and still never drove to Sosua at night!

Marlie

playagirl

Feb 8, 2006
Re:

I have been to DR before, i actually was bron there...I do know how crazy is the driving there, but i was not going to drive myself, my cousin who lives there is coming with me and he has a car.
I will defeinetely take your sugestion and not drive to sosua.
I do get a little scare when i don't know a place, but i am afraid of taxis too, but by looking at the post here it seems that everybody take taxis and they are totally fine.

Thank you very much:bunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.