Help finding someone

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
A coworker/friend of mine who is an american citizen that was living in the dr was picked up by Interpol in Cabarete three weeks ago. I and his family have been trying to locate him for three weeks and cannot find him. We have no idea if he is stil in the DR or if he was sent back to the states. If anyone has any advice on how to find out where this person is I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I don't know if this will help, but...

Boogieman just started a thread with a few links to Interpol, including wanted lists etc. The thread is named Interpol info and it is in this forum.

Good luck,

Marlie

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Thank you

Hello Fabio,

Thank you very much for your response....would the circumstances change if they were caught wth drugs when picked up here in the DR?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gumby said:
Hello Fabio,

Thank you very much for your response....would the circumstances change if they were caught wth drugs when picked up here in the DR?

Hugely! This is what is called "mal preso" and you and his family might well be looking at months if not years of problems.

Try and contact Bill Kirkman, the US Consular Agent in Puerto Plata. He is supposed to be in contact with US citizens that are in jail.

HB :(:(

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Thanks Hillbilly,

That's what I thought and is why I am so worried....As far as I know Bill is unable to give me information as I am not family. I passed Bill's number onto the famliy a couple weeks ago but as far as I know they have yet to speak.

Any other thoughts on how I can find out where this person is??

Thanks Gumby

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Gumby said:
A coworker/friend of mine who is an american citizen that was living in the dr was picked up by Interpol in Cabarete three weeks ago. I and his family have been trying to locate him for three weeks and cannot find him. We have no idea if he is stil in the DR or if he was sent back to the states. If anyone has any advice on how to find out where this person is I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you

Why don't you call the local Interpol? Call 1411 and ask for their number...

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Interpol and Embassy

We have tried contacting Interpol in Santo Domingo but have been able to get through to anyone over the phone....We have also called the American Embassy in SD but they have unfortunately been no help at all.

Gumby

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
How do you get on Interpol.

Hey I dont even have friends who have trouble with the Exit Fine from the DR.. I guess your friend moves in 'Rarified Circles'... could all be a mistake I suppose...M.