Bahia de las Aguilas

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Todays news in DR1 states that tourist minister Jimenez suggests expropreiating (sp?) the Bahia de las Aguilas,,. Can they do that ??, Scary question to follow, Does anyone think that they will " REALLY DO IT " ??.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
You can bet your bottom dollar---

If there is MONEY to be made by allowing such within Government circles, IT WILL BE DONE!
The Bahia is seen as a "Tourist Mecca" for the industry and this government is fully supportive of that industry to the point of "selling out" to them for obvious reasons.

need I say more???

Texas Bill

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
When personal interests are involved, all sorts of strange things can happen :(

Why does the tourism minister still have a job?
That's a very good question and one only the President appears to have the answer to.

Jan 5, 2006
If there's a way to develop this area, this administration will find it. They have shown total disregard for the minister of the environment (Max Puig) and have gone over his head, although he is opposed to such development.

Sadly, someone with very deep pockets has the ear of Felix Jimenez (Tourism Minister) and Leonel Fernandez, and eventually enough cash will find its way to the right people in order for hotels to be built there. :(

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004

I'm willing to wager anyone on this board that Bahia de Las Aguilas will ever be developed for tourism, and that Mr Felucho Jimenez will be resigning as Minister of Tourism...

-

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Mirador said:
I'm willing to wager anyone on this board that Bahia de Las Aguilas will ever be developed for tourism, and that Mr Felucho Jimenez will be resigning as Minister of Tourism...

-

Are you trying to tell us he will move into the private sector after he has secured the deal?

Jan 5, 2006
Mirador, do you mean never? And are you thinking that the sacred indian ground argument is going to stop the development from happening?

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
So,,, how do we get Mr. Puig into the toursim seat ??