Good Places to eat in Caberate/Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vforce

Mar 13, 2006
I will be arriving in about a week and staying in Caberate with maybe a day trip or two to Sosua. Looking for some places to eat that have great food and great prices. We don't drink and will have our childern, so we prefer to stay away from the bars. Suggestions?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a German restaurant located down the side road next to the Verizon tower just before the main part of Cabarete. It is 20 meters off the main road. The sign is in German on the main road. This place has great food and the average price is 200 RD for a complete meal.

Also no tax or tip is added to your bill.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
la casita

you have to east the shrinp or lobster at a place called LA CASITA.The best i have ever had,IF u get the shrimp tell him to peel the shrimp. Brianny

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
When in Sosua - On The Waterfront Restaurant, the daily specials are great just like anything else on the menu!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
SKY said:
There is a German restaurant located down the side road next to the Verizon tower just before the main part of Cabarete. It is 20 meters off the main road. The sign is in German on the main road. This place has great food and the average price is 200 RD for a complete meal.

Also no tax or tip is added to your bill.
I heard the very same thing this morning from one of the breakfast clients.
He swears it's the best German food in Cabarete and great prices as well, and he also mentioned easy parking.

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
I'm a little fussy about food and can say that Orchidee was a pleasant surprise for pasta and pizza.

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Cabarete

Here are a few suggesitons for Cabarete:

Windsurf Resort Restaurant - Great lunch and dinner specials!!
Chinese Restaurant
Eze

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Vforce said:
I will be arriving in about a week and staying in Caberate with maybe a day trip or two to Sosua. Looking for some places to eat that have great food and great prices. We don't drink and will have our childern, so we prefer to stay away from the bars. Suggestions?

You can't go to Sosua without having some prime ribs from Rocky's!!!

You have to have them to believe it - best damn ribs I've ever had.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Hexenkeshel ! Cabarete on the main drag

German menu several specials each day around 200 - 225 $RD. You can pay for 10 in advance works out to less $150 RD per meal and they are all awesome!
Gerry

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Rocky's ribs and then some

In Sosua, Rocky's ribs are great although I would not call them "prime ribs". Prime rib is a completely different cut of meat. However I did get your point, Rocky's ribs are fantastic. There is a small Italian restaurant on Pedro Clisante across the street from the school. I had dinner there and the food was prepared quickly and it was good. Another Italian restaurant called the Bologna is a great place to eat. Also on Pedro Clisante is a fine coffee shop owned by a Cuban. Great coffee and desserts are served there! The Britannia is a great place to eat and hang out. Paul, the owner is a friendly guy and the prices are very affordable. Don't forget Big Lou at the "New" New York Shark Bar on Pedro Clisante. He just opened and his big kitchen is ready to go with a large menu and drinks from the states.

On the beach I eat at the Mofongo King owned by Bobby "The Big kahoona" which is in the center of the beach. The seafood there is fresh and very good as well as all of his dishes. For fantastic burgers, chops and shish kabobs I go to the Scandanavian Bar which is owned by Tom. Food there is fantastic! For a local flavor go to Carmines which is on a rear path off the central entrance of Playa Sosua. Tipico food is great and the prices are fantastic also.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Me likee Rocky' Ribs tambien!

I did enjoy the Chile con Juan @ Lou's for a perfect HOH!(Hang-ovah Helper)
Louie's Nathan style fries are also worth trying.

Pedro Clisante jus' past Harrison's on the right, look for the Golden Neon Arches.

oh....and be careful of the Bald Red Sox Fan.... He pours muy fuerte Santa Libre's.

Last edited:

Moxie

Dec 9, 2005
Have to second the Windsurf in Cabarete. We stayed at another resort but ate at the Windsurf 3 evenings, 1st time because the price on the dinner special was so good and the 2nd & 3rd time because the food was excellent! They post the daily specials on a sandwich board on the sidewalk in front of the resort so you can check them out as you walk by.

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
In Sosua:

Waterfront is very good. Dinners here are expensive but worth it for the sunset. Breakfast is also good, and pretty cheap. Rocky's is great for just about anything. I had the ribs, wings, burgers, and a pork filet here and all were excellent. Britannia is good when you just want something "normal" and its a fun place to hang out. For local food try Susana's on Pedro Clisante past the Super Super. Dinner for 2 was $230-280 with extra helpings and was very good (we ate there 4 times the last trip!).

In Cabarete I like the pizza at Lax. Another good sunset spot as well.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Checkpoint

For a light lunch in Sosua stop at the Checkpoint -- near the entrance road to the main beach. Burger or hot dog or sandwhich.

midnitemed

Dec 7, 2005
is the name of Marco's restaurant "Rocky's" or is it "La Roca" (yes, I understand the translation)?

Sosua Gal

Jul 7, 2005
checkpointsosua.spaces.live.com
Checkpoint Sosua

Me_again said:
For a light lunch in Sosua stop at the Checkpoint -- near the entrance road to the main beach. Burger or hot dog or sandwhich.

Thanks for the plug!
FYI visitors and locals- we serve food on Monday-Friday, 11-ish to around 3:30 or 4. We serve a varitey of sandwiches Mondays and Tuesdays, and on Wednesdays we serve a weekly special like homemade Chili Con Carne, Beef Stew, Christmas on a Bun (use your imagination), etc.
Thursdays and Fridays we serve Cheeseburgers (try the double cheese and bacon...it is awesome), Hamburgers, Breaded Chicken Burgers, Hot Dogs, Whistle Dogs (with cheese and Bacon), etc.
We may start doing food Saturdays as well, so I will post when and if that happens.
See you there!
Colleen
PS For those of you that don't know, we are in the Beach Way/Bommarito Plaza in a Kiosk Bar location. Right at the entrance, behind PJ's and La Roca.

Status
Not open for further replies.