recognize child in dominican republic

DREAMSHARE

May 21, 2004
Hello

This is an information for an italien friend of mine. His girlfriend is dominican - living in DR.
They don't want to get married - at least for the moment. She gonna have a baby in june this year 2006. He want's to recognize the baby already now.

Does anybody can tell me what is the procedura to do for him?
He doesn't lives in DR.

thank u so much

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Bambino

DREAMSHARE said:
...She gonna have a baby in june this year 2006. He want's to recognize the baby already now.
Why?
If reason prevails:

1. Prueba de Paternidad (DNA);
2. >Junta Central Electoral: Certificado de Declaraci?n de Nacimiento
3. Extracto de Acta (Art. 99 Ley No. 659, del 17-7-1944)
4. >Italian Embassy

m'frog

DREAMSHARE

May 21, 2004
thank u frog for this information.
why he wanted to recocnize the child before born: it's that it will have his family name in the foreign passport. that's it.
Well thanks again - and have a nice day

GKC

Mar 1, 2006
Choose Italian nationality

I have been told by a friend of mine whose husband is Italian, that Italy does not reconize dual citizenships. If that is true (you definitely need to confirm as this is second-hand info), the father to be would be doing the child a huge favor by visiting the Italian consulate and have the child declared as an Italian citizen if at all possible.

Greg

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
GKC said:
I have been told by a friend of mine whose husband is Italian, that Italy does not reconize dual citizenships. ...
Greg

Your friend is wrong. Italy not only recognizes dual citizenship, but recently has announced willingness to issue Italian citizenship up to third generation foreign born...

-

DREAMSHARE said:
Hello

This is an information for an italien friend of mine. His girlfriend is dominican - living in DR.
They don't want to get married - at least for the moment. She gonna have a baby in june this year 2006. He want's to recognize the baby already now.

Does anybody can tell me what is the procedura to do for him?
He doesn't lives in DR.

thank u so much

He should wait till baby is born and make sure its his before going crazy trying to recognize the baby. Harsh but good advise!!!!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You cannot recognize an unborn child. He has to wait for the baby to be born and he has 30 days to register the baby. After that the procedure gets complicated. Actually, it is the father's job to register the baby at an Oficialia de Registro Civil. The hospital will give him a little paper with the details and then he goes to register the baby. I suppose he could get a blood sample to perform a DNA test on it before the month is over to make sure it is his if there is doubt. Or if the Italian Embassy requires this then the time to do it would be before he registers the baby. This test can be done in the DR. He would have to be in the DR. You cannot recognize a child from abroad. He has to do this in person.

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
9 steps back.

One of the things to consider is that most Countries require you to prove you were in the DR.. at the time of conception.. working backwards so to speak.. Better make sure its his.. M.