where to get local pricing on cigars?

Sep 19, 2005
OK now my buddies at home know i make frequent trips to the DR , I am getting hit up for requests. And this time its cigars. I dotn smoke them..I think they stink..but hey thats just me. I have one buddy who smokes them alot, but he has money and wouldnt bother trying to save whatever to ask me to buy them for him...unless i were to smuggle cuban cigars in!!!

the other guys dont have no pride I guess. ha ha ha ha

so for my economically challenged friends....where can i get the best deal on cigars in Santiago!

I will not make a road trip for them!... and i am not sure if I will actually get out of the santiago area on this trip, even though i want to get up to Puerto plata.

I can have my GF father buy them for me,( to elliminate gringo price hikes) if I can get the tip on where to get the best price....we may be talking a few hundred dollars worth here!!
thanks
bob

Sep 19, 2005
JDJones said:
Perhaps if you said what brand & model it is?

in a perfect world I would have had the card with the name of the cigar and the model in my wallet, when i posted from work.....but ya know it was in the truck

FONSECA...Torpedo

my other buddy likes arturo fuentes or( something like that.).. they come in a wooden box and cost about $125 a box in america ...maybe more I am not sure.

heres the kind i like.....

want to hear that again.....

want to hear it again.....

yeah they stink, period.. ha ha ha

bob

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
laurapasinifan said:
in a perfect world I would have had the card with the name of the cigar and the model in my wallet, when i posted from work.....but ya know it was in the truck

FONSECA...Torpedo

my other buddy likes arturo fuentes or( something like that.).. they come in a wooden box and cost about $125 a box in america ...maybe more I am not sure.
Take JDJones's advice and buy Jimenez cigars. Most of the better cigars made in the DR, are made for export. They are actually cheaper to buy in the US than the DR because they need to be imported back into the DR and pay import taxes (unless CAFTA has changed the situation). They're some exceptions, but my gut is telling me Arturo Fuentes cigars are more expensive in the DR than the US (Hillbilly will be able to give you a more accurate answer).

Regarding Cuban cigars, don't bother, 90% of them sold in the DR are fake. Even the ones sold at the airports are fake.