sea kayaking around the DR

randm

Apr 3, 2006
My wife and I are visiting the DR for the first time this July. We hope to rent a one or two bedroom house very near to the water either on the Samana penninsula or a bit to the west. We like good food and nice beaches, but don't need alot of noise or nightlife. Any recommendations? Also, I love to kayak and the coast looks like a great place to do it but I can't find a single mention of sea kayaking. Does anyone have any info on where I could rent an enclosed kayak (as opposed to a sit on top)?

SamGompers

Mar 14, 2004
Your best bet to find out about sea kayaking on the North Coast is to get in touch with Iguana Mama, the adventure tour outfitters in Cabarete. I think they off some kayaking . . .but if not, they'll be able to clue you into who might or might not.

G

gary short

Miches aside. Check out Las Terrenas. Playa Bonita to the west of Las Terrenas is a huge bay with a protecting reef system that would be great for kayak/snorkeling. Rent kayaks at Hotel Bahia las Ballenas.

G

gary short

Sorry randm I've just read about a rash of robberies at Playa Bonita. Check it out maybe they've nabbed the bad guys.