confused--Who is the sankie?

VinaJoy

Apr 4, 2006
This is the first time ive actually read about sankies, the first time i've seen so many people downput human beings, just because they come from a poor country, don't have the same values, want to show you a good time and just live freely, all these people in these forums still sit and bash on dominican people and their way of living.
Yes, I know its not civil to go up to a girl or a guy and ask for a relationship, marriage or anything just to come to Canada. I know its not right to ask a person you barely know for money. I know all of these so called bad qualities that stereotype a sankie to be a sankie. BUT, all of you are saying that everyone of these people that work at resorts or animation or anything around where the tourists are, that they are sankies. Myself, I find this very false. These people, just like you, have beliefs, lives, and things to get done AND if you ask me, these people are the most courteous people i've ever met in my life. They look out for anyone else vacationing down there as much as they do theirselves. So what, theyre a few bad apples in the tree. IT happens. Girls and guys that go down there should hold their guard up if they don't wanna get screwed over. If a girl or a guy falls in love with someone in a little time from a week to two, it's not only the "sankies" fault, but that person as well, they also committed to the fling.. Are they considered a sankie too, for acting so carelessly and believing every word somebody says. I think that any guy or girl, not mattering which country they are from or how their financial status is, can be manipulative and anchor in someone with lies if they wanted to. Just because they work at a resort or are poorer than you, they are automatically stereotyped into being a "sankie". I'm sure every girl has heard sweet nothings from boys back home ,too. Come on now, I don't believe EVERY person working in these places can possibbly all have bad intentions. People DO have feelings, not regarding where they are from or what they do for a living. They DO have morals, just like yourself..I can't help but be offended for these people. Everyone on this message board goes there to vacation and then they come on here and complain about how the guys are or the girls or whatever else...making dominican "sankies" seem like the worst people in the world. As if people in other countries didnt jip someone over before. You act as if all of these people are like that. When in truth, I think the majority of more than half are not. Oh yeah and just because people are white, with blue eyes and blonde hair does not mean every guy will swoon to you. Not every dominican loves a foreigner and not every dominican is out for you, or your money. Some just want to have a good time, and some will show that to you. Its up to you to get attached or not. Why blame them? Don't be so blind and do your homework first before you committ yourself to a guy you barely know. Just have fun while your there and go back for more, I definitely will :)
Anyways, to sum this up, I just wanted to say how I felt on this whole thing, this is my first thread and.....I can't help but ask myself..who the sankie is here?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Interesting use of these new words: "downput", and "jip" . A shame there seems to be a paragraph and capital letter shortage in her neck of the woods. If there is a point in there (and I don't think there is) I wonder why people don't realize that nobody wants to read poorly written run-on great bloody blobs of text like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Nobody knows what the perecentages are, not even you.
The percentage is likely high enough that it is logical to err on the side of caution.
I don't think anybody has claimed 100% but your claim of a few bad apples is ludicrous.:tired:

VinaJoy

Apr 4, 2006
I wasn't saying I knew everything, But I just don't think it's civil for people to LET ME CORRECT MYSELF "PUT DOWN" these dominican people just because they are stereotyped.. Some people won't even acknowledge these people that work at the resorts or even so much as give them a polite smile, say Hi, or ANYTHING just because they've read and learned what a "sankie" is..Not everyone you look at down there is gonna wanna marry you. . You know, alot of them DO have good intentions..If one of them works at a resort, has low income, and yes tries to seduce you, then all of them must be sankies..right......just because of the name theyre given on these forums.......
Oh yeah, and I didn't come on here to attack anybody, I was just sharing my point of view and what I think of this sankie stuff....So, easy killer.
yup and thanks for the writing tips.....cause I was really going to make sure everything was perfect...okie.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
If you read carefully - sankies are not the ones put down, it is the women who get caught up in the relationship come here ask for advice about how to send money to the love of their life and then when told what is going on they throw out attacks at everyone on the board.
So in truth - the attacks are not against dominicans (because why would so many people be on this board if they did not like dominicans) but instead they are against the idiots who want sympathy when they get played

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Here's the real answer..... I'M THE SANKIE !!! I go around resorts and cling onto animation staff and tell them that my mother is sick and I need 10 000 pesos (more that what they make in a month) for medicine, in return I'll give them all passionate hot sex.... and than 2 days later my pasola will break down and I'll ask for another 6000 pesos to get it fixed..... at this point, I've got these biotches worked out so good with my sweet talk and hot passionate sex that they go to the bank and get a 100 000 pesos and give it to me to "help me out" ..... while they're at the bank I fish out my next prey... and the story continues..... but would I be stupid enough to drop the old "boyfriend"... hell no, he was stupid enough to give me more money than he has, obviously he will go outta his way to give me anything.... so I'll just keep them all around at the same time...

SO IT'S ME ... I'M THE FRICKEN SANKIE !!!

Vinajoy... you do not see my point (besides that I'm a sankie) ???
Yea, so in no way am I dissing Dominican people (especially their man, cause I love them to pieces) but there is a fine line you cross when you start pulling s h i t like that on tourists. It amazes me how many stupid tourists there really are !!!

Last edited:

crissylee

Mar 31, 2006
Yes I totally agree with you Vinajoy, it does seem to me that the people on this board are throwing out hateful remarks about the Dominican men and the women that spend time with them. Not all women are stupid and fall for their smooth talking. Not all women send them money, no matter where a person goes or lives there are always guys or girls that will use other people for money the only difference is that these men do not hide it as well. I feel like all people are being labelled as sankies, and it does not matter who they are. I have read from previous posts that there are some good dominican men in DR, why is everything failing to mention these men. I think if you don't have anything nice to say then why say it, it isn't like our postings are offending anyone. Some of us are only seeking advice, we are not seeking put downs. In my opinion I think that they are only doing what they think they need to do to get out of the life they have in DR, and if they are playing women then so be it. It is up to the women to decide whether or not she is going to be used and abused. People have choice, we all choose to live our lives the way we want to and if people are seeking strangers for advice I would think people would have a little bit more respect for people they don't even know. Just stating my opinion on this matter.

Crissylee

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Have you ladies read this thread?

Good Dominican man VS a Sankie

Little hint, if you want to be taken seriously don't post your boyfriend's name on the internet to find out who else is sleeping with him. But I know from experience that isn't the only agenda out there so nuff said

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Queuing Up

AnnaC said:
Have you ladies read this thread?
I refuse to accept the term "ladies" in this context.

AnnaC said:
...don't post your boyfriend's name on the internet to find out who else is sleeping with him.
Well, for these women there's nothing wrong to draw a number ticket and wait for their turn to come up.

m'frog

Sep 19, 2005
well to the op and all the people that think the people who post here are BAD people......I agree that some here are posting just to stir the pot and antagonize. But remember this is the forum on this website dedidcated to such topics. Why come onto this forum and complain?. there are other forums that deal with a variety of other subjects here on this website.

Furthermore, when someone post something negative about a situation or a person.... it involbves said subject...it doesnt lump everyone together!

saying that sankies often work at resorts, isnt saying that all dominican men are sankies!!!!!!!! its NOT EVEN saying that all men that work at resorts is. there is NOTHING wrong with not being ignorant of a set of facts witnessed time and time again at these resorts. men who scam vacationing women from other countries. Or women who fain love( or even just an attraction) and give sexual favors to recieve cash and gifts. I know it happens. And I think it is ok to say it happens alot......thats not the same as saying every woman is a hooker..............but it is acceptable for the mail man to pull out his mace when he walks into a yard with a dog in it, when he has been bitten 6 times this year alone!

he is just bringing it out IN CASE he is correct ..THINKING this MAY be a dog that bites. there is nothing wrong with that kind of thinking in my opinion.

believe me having a GF from the dr and having put up with a few a holes who think they have 110% of the women in the DR that date an american are whores....it would be easy for me to think everyone is wrong.....but i dont think that way. Each person is their own case in point......

besides many here live for the fun of pestering posters.....life would be boreing for them if they didnt have turmoil!!!!!

I think there is enough truth to speak of sankies like we do, and the people who object need to accept just knowing it doesnt apply to everyone .

bob ...aka pig famer defacto, gringo, americano, hombre blanko loco, ect ect..

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I'd like to know which resort you guys are staying at. I was at the Bahia and ran into the same situation there. Its hard to believe how good the sweet talkers are.
I have to say, I got caught up in it and am still trying to figure out what the real deal is

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
audrav said:
I'd like to know which resort you guys are staying at. I was at the Bahia and ran into the same situation there. Its hard to believe how good the sweet talkers are.
I have to say, I got caught up in it and am still trying to figure out what the real deal is

The real deal is that they want money and a visa in the long run then want to skip town once in your country. They are really pretty lucky in that they can get laid without all the work of finding a local girl and get money for it too or other benefits but it comes to money.

But since it cannot be a coincidence that when YOU came down this guy was all over YOU (and never before) you can bet that every available woman that will fall for his charms will get the opportunity.

So when you are at home saving to come and visit and sending him a few bucks for the cow and the sick mother etc., he is working another woman or women to fill in the gaps and to get a longer string of confidantes to get funding from.

There are enough stories of the "first woman" arriving early or unannounced (or in one case a fine bit of detective work done by a North Shore DR1 member to aid a South Shore victim) of finding him in the same act with new players that the general point should be caution or at least realism, don't believe much if anything or accept it for what it is (as men do) sex for money with an attractive guy (NB: for men, with a young pretty girl) for a fling for a week.

Keep in mind that money is money so just as female hookers will swing both ways for extra cash so will men, and you may be having relations with a man having sex with other men, a higher risk group no matter how you slice it.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
ricktoronto said:
The real deal is that they want money and a visa in the long run then want to skip town once in your country. They are really pretty lucky in that they can get laid without all the work of finding a local girl and get money for it too or other benefits but it comes to money.

But since it cannot be a coincidence that when YOU came down this guy was all over YOU (and never before) you can bet that every available woman that will fall for his charms will get the opportunity.

So when you are at home saving to come and visit and sending him a few bucks for the cow and the sick mother etc., he is working another woman or women to fill in the gaps and to get a longer string of confidantes to get funding from.

There are enough stories of the "first woman" arriving early or unannounced (or in one case a fine bit of detective work done by a North Shore DR1 member to aid a South Shore victim) of finding him in the same act with new players that the general point should be caution or at least realism, don't believe much if anything or accept it for what it is (as men do) sex for money with an attractive guy (NB: for men, with a young pretty girl) for a fling for a week.

Keep in mind that money is money so just as female hookers will swing both ways for extra cash so will men, and you may be having relations with a man having sex with other men, a higher risk group no matter how you slice it.

I never slept with him. He wasn't all over me. He does not own a cow and his mother is dead. He is also white, not from the DR. His only downfall (so far), is he works for the animation team. I would like to find someone who knows something about him, 'cause reading this site can be a huge eye opener, and is very negative (probably for the right reason). There should be a thread that tells you how to catch him (other than flying down and suprising him), and other tips on lines you can throw back at them. Any ideas? I was thinking of asking him "are you a sankie"? How do you think that will fly? You can IM me some ideas!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
You can ask someone else to see if he does the same thing or you can listen to the many people here that are telling you the truth, he ain't no virgin waiting for you to come back so he can try again (even though you say you didn't have any relations with him and I believe you) . He plays with the guests to get something, sex, money, marriage, whatever.

I can't imagine a non Dominican white guy being able to survive in a resort as an animation worker since the pay is so substandard. Where did he come from?

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
ricktoronto said:
You can ask someone else to see if he does the same thing or you can listen to the many people here that are telling you the truth, he ain't no virgin waiting for you to come back so he can try again (even though you say you didn't have any relations with him and I believe you) . He plays with the guests to get something, sex, money, marriage, whatever.

I can't imagine a non Dominican white guy being able to survive in a resort as an animation worker since the pay is so substandard. Where did he come from?

He is from Venezula.

Rick, since you are from Toronto, how do you know so much about the DR?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
audrav said:
Rick, since you are from Toronto, how do you know so much about the DR?

I see so is that why all the info and pm's I sent you don't mean anything? Did any of it sink in?

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Lets see could he be a sankey - yes it is a possiblity. However I would tend to reserve the word sankey for dominican men and all others can be gigilos. Kind of keeping the word for use only those from the DR.

My logic is this behind the fact he could be a player/gigalo/trollop is that in tourist areas all over the world including cananda and the US, those that are working there can take advantage of the fruitful offerings of the visiting kind, especially in a position such as animation where the interaction is contstant. (think Dirty Dancing).

He has not asked you for money - great.
He says you may be the only one - possible but unlikely.
Is he a sankie/ey/y - not in my dictionary of verb origins - but a playa increased chances