Some advice on staying DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny47451

Apr 6, 2006
Hi,
My husband and I are going to visit DR at the end of April. He is actually go to medical school there starting at the beginning of May. I am just coming with him for two weeks. I have couples questions.

1. we don't know anyone down there. So what is the best way to start finding an apartment? We hope to find an apartment probably within a week after we get there.

2. We only plan to stay in hotel for two days. After that, if we cannot find a apartment, and also we don't want to spend a lot of money on hotel, where we can find temporary housing?

3. I wonder in my case, should I just find a temporary housing right away after we get there ?

4. He is going to UNIBE for medical school. What is a good neiborhood around UNIBE that student can live? Can student live in a dorm? How is the living condition in the dorm? Can you a single room for yourself? How much is that?

5. He is not very sure that whether he will like the medical school there or not or will he be able to come back to US and find a job in US after finishing medical school there. So any ideas or comments?

Thank you so much for your information. This is my first time posting stuff here. I hope I will get good replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.