I'm on my way

jimhe

Mar 26, 2006
This is just a quick post to thank all of you who take the time to post info and educate those of us looking to move to the DR. I am arriving on Sunday and am very excited. I still have plenty to figure out once I arrive, but I feel like I have gained a lot of information from reading your posts. I know more about handling power outages, banking, importing cars, which beer to buy and which companies to look out for than I ever thought I would learn from reading a message board.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you. I am not fully prepared, but I am well prepared for my one year contact in the DR.

Jim

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are surely welcome in Santiago! Just let us know and we'll "leave a light on!!"

HB :D:D:D:D

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
With the attitude displayed in your message, you will have no trouble making the adjustment to life here. If I can help you in any way, let me know.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Enjoy your stay. Given how things work (or don't) in the DR, I'm sure your one year contract will be extended.

Keep us informed.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
As I am an American working for a Dominican subsidiary of a US company, PM me if you have any questions concerning Human Resource issues in the DR. Good luck.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
POP Fizzzzzzzzzzzzzz Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Mommy is that the sound of another human getting their Dominican wings?

Enjoy here and get ready to slow down.............. go with the flow and you will be amazed how your heart beat begins to slow down .............

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
We are never fully prepared in life, and certainly not when it comes to habits and experiences of a new culture.
BUT you seem to have the right attitude, and that will open many doors to you! As previous poster said, go with the flow, relax, pack a great deal of patience, and enjoy every second of your new experience!