Would you like to have an Airport in Bonao?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I haven't been there in about 14 years, but isn't the population of Bonao a little small to support an airport?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Let's see.............. too small and too close to STI. Any bets on when they announce construction begins?

Sep 19, 2005
an international airport in bonao will never happen...... the fact that STI is expanding ( even as airline cut flights to POP!!) will prove this point.

if the tourist travel shifts to the samana area and more to the punta cana area away from POP and the north west coast........ STI will grow even bigger!!!!!!!

I think most of the people flying into STI are dominicans coming home for a visit... but slowly I bet more north coast tourists will be passing through STI.

I see the people on the planes on the last 8 flights i have made in the last 8 months!..90 % dominican. STI will get busier for sure!

they need another runway though!!!!!!!!!

bob

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
laurapasinifan said:
an international airport in bonao will never happen...... the fact that STI is expanding ( even as airline cut flights to POP!!) will prove this point.

if the tourist travel shifts to the samana area and more to the punta cana area away from POP and the north west coast........ STI will grow even bigger!!!!!!!

I think most of the people flying into STI are dominicans coming home for a visit... but slowly I bet more north coast tourists will be passing through STI.

I see the people on the planes on the last 8 flights i have made in the last 8 months!..90 % dominican. STI will get busier for sure!

they need another runway though!!!!!!!!!

bob

STI doesn't need to have an another runway, its not busy like PUJ or SDQ even POP

Sep 19, 2005
santobonao said:
STI doesn't need to have an another runway, its not busy like PUJ or SDQ even POP
if POP is so busy why do i read here that some airlines are droppin gflights there? are there MORE flights per day from JFK to POP than to STI?

I never hang around to watch when plane come and go...but there always seems to be at least three planes( big jets) on the tarmack at sti.

besides with winds at all angles youd think that airports would have a few runways for the best possible landings..

bob

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
laurapasinifan said:
if POP is so busy why do i read here that some airlines are droppin gflights there? are there MORE flights per day from JFK to POP than to STI?

I never hang around to watch when plane come and go...but there always seems to be at least three planes( big jets) on the tarmack at sti.

besides with winds at all angles youd think that airports would have a few runways for the best possible landings..

bob

Only American is drop POP-MIA

other airlines is operating normal , American is operating normal on the route of POP/SJU and POP/SJU

Continental is operating daily flights through that airport

Aeropostal to operated twice a week from Caracas to Puerto plata

So, Airlines is not droping that airport ok

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Correction

santobonao said:
Only American is drop POP-MIA

other airlines is operating normal , American is operating normal on the route of POP/SJU and POP/SJU

Continental is operating daily flights through that airport

Aeropostal to operated twice a week from Caracas to Puerto plata

So, Airlines is not droping that airport ok
American Airlines has not dropped it's MIA-POP-MIA flights.

However, the JFK-POP-JFK will end in May due to lack of profits.

-NALs

Sep 19, 2005
that seems strange doesnt it.....

you would think that the people from NY would want to travel to the resort areas more than people from Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!! seeing as miami is a resort town itself !!!!!!!!!!

bob

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Even though

laurapasinifan said:
that seems strange doesnt it.....

you would think that the people from NY would want to travel to the resort areas more than people from Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!! seeing as miami is a resort town itself !!!!!!!!!!

bob

Miami has a substantial Dominican population, I suspect a good percentage, probably the majority, of passengers on the MIA-POP flights are not from Miami, but are connecting from other cities which are not resort towns.