Cheap hotels in Las Terrenas?

BackInTheUSA

May 31, 2005
My boyfriend and I will be spending the weekend of May 12-14 in Las Terrenas. We would prefer cheaper accomodations.

About 3 years ago, my friends and I went there and stayed in a cheap (but nice enough) place with 2 beds (for 3 people) for 500 pesos/night.

Now I know that those days are most likely gone - I lived in the DR last year and I know that prices have gone up.

What are the chances though of finding a hotel (nice, or at least clean - doesn't have to have a TV) in Las Terrenas in the $30/night range? (We can pay more if that's required - we could rent a room in Playa Colibri - but we would rather just have a simple accomodation)

Should we just ask the taxi drivers in Sanchez, (the ones that bombard you when you step off of the Caribe/Metro bus?)....

Anyone have experience w/ this?

Thanks !

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
BackInTheUSA said:
My boyfriend and I will be spending the weekend of May 12-14 in Las Terrenas. We would prefer cheaper accomodations.

About 3 years ago, my friends and I went there and stayed in a cheap (but nice enough) place with 2 beds (for 3 people) for 500 pesos/night.

Now I know that those days are most likely gone - I lived in the DR last year and I know that prices have gone up.

What are the chances though of finding a hotel (nice, or at least clean - doesn't have to have a TV) in Las Terrenas in the $30/night range? (We can pay more if that's required - we could rent a room in Playa Colibri - but we would rather just have a simple accomodation)
In Las Terrenas, that is where you want to go, right?, (not Las Galeras, as someone else reccommand) they are simple and clean accommodations at reasonable prices.

One of them is Fata Morgana, with clean rooms in a safe location, from $20-$25/night. Also Arcoiris apartments has cheap rooms for longer period stay, both are on the Hot Sites list of DR1.com http://www.dr1.com/links/index.shtml

For more accommodations in Las Terrenas see: http://www.samana.net/accommodations_lasterrenas-en.html

Have fun in Las Terrenas!

WebDev

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
-How about Hotel Elegancia in calle Sanchez ???

They also have a great pizzerai (!!!)

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Squat said:
-How about Hotel Elegancia in calle Sanchez ???

They also have a great pizzerai (!!!)

Yes Hotel Elegancia on Calle Principal......cheap, cheap, cheap.....Phone 1.809.240.5477

Whats a "pizzerai"??? I want one!LOL

WebDev

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
sorry about that tipo mistake... I meant pizzeria....

And, no, Elegancia is not on the Principal, it?s in calle Sanchez...

NINO

Jan 5, 2002
Hi we stayed a couple of times in INDIA CANELA residence at the beginning of LT across the busstop,they charged us 25usd a night last year.
Swimmingpool,security,warm water,2 beds,terrace,kitchen.

G

gary short

Casa Robinson was great, just off the beach with nice tropical garden. A friend stayed at the Hotel Diny (Dingy) in order to save 10 bucks ha ha ha what a dump. The back side of the hotel boarders on a cesspool thus all the mosquitos and the owners kids should undergo shock therapy treatment.

BackInTheUSA

May 31, 2005
Thank you everyone for your advice :) It looks like we have a few options then :)

I'm so excited - I can't wait to go!!!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I just came back from a trip to d.r. and stayed at a little apart-hotel called Papagayo. It wasn't bad. Paid 800 pesos for a room. Hot water and a ceiling fan. NO AC however.